4

• play song while reading •

March 20, 1991

" Naima, you got the late shift tonight. " The manager reminded me.

I rolled my eyes and held my phone.

This was my 5th night in a row and my momma keeps assuming I've been fucking around.

" Alright, thanks for letting me know. " I replied back as I got back on the phone.

" Anyways, I'mma call you back after my shift. Alright baby, I love you. Bye bye now. Nah, I'mma hang up. Okay baby, you go ahead! Nah, nah you said you were. Alright, go ahead and hang up. Yo, I ain't dumb, you still on the line. No, I'll hang up. No, I'll do it. I will. I will. I will. I wi- "

Someone had yanked my phone and yelled before hanging up, " I'll hang up for her since yo' bitch ass won't. "

I immediately recognized the voice.

" What do you want, Samir? " I asked while staring him down.

He was wearing a Raptors basketball jersey and sweatpants that was obviously big for him, with one pant leg rolled up to his knee. He sported some white Air Force 1s and his head was covered by a white hat to the back.

He kept tossing a football up and down while ignoring my question, making me frustrated.

" She said bring yo' fatass mayonnaise headass  out. " He said, still tossing the ball.

" Who said that? "

He shrugged and continued tossing the ball.

I looked up and glared at him, flaring my nostrils.

" Damn, unflare yo' nostrils. They already big enough, save me some air, shit. "

I tried to push him out but he wasn't budging.

I started punching his arms but he busted out laughing.

I sighed and got my table cleaner and table cloth from the counter.

I heard him run towards me and hug me from the back, purposely pushing his pelvis into my butt.

I pushed him away and continued walked to a table to clean.

" Why can't I hit atleast once, huh? Oh, so you that teasin' type, ain't you? "

I stopped cleaning and looked him dead in the face.

" Samir. I love you like a brot- "

As I was saying that, he held his heart and fell onto the floor.