13

• play song while reading •

April 3, 1991

"So, who's this Bakari I keep hearing about?" Eris asked as she watched Harmonia put on her heels.

Harmonia smiled broadly to herself as she finally went over to grab her lip gloss.

"Well, Bakari is like my boyfriend, but except he's not." Harmonia explained.

Eris's smile faded as confusion took over her face.

"Girl, hold on. What? So, he not claiming you is what I'm hearing."

Harmonia laughed nervously and walked towards Eris.

"No, see, he hasn't actually asked me to be his girlfriend but we been more and more acting like a couple."

Eris hummed and looked Harmonia up and down, silently questioning her and Bakari's relationship.

"If you say so." Eris exhaled.

Harmonia rolled her eyes and walked away from Eris, heading towards her perfumes.

"What about you? What's going on with you and ol' dude? What's his name again, Darius?"

Eris shook her head vigorously.

"Hell no, never the fuck again." She spat.

Harmonia rose an eyebrow as she put on the diamond earrings Bakari got her.

Bakari had bought these earrings for her last minute when they were meeting up to celebrate their 1 month "friend" anniversary. It was Harmonia's idea.
He had got it from the Walmart 5 minutes away from the restaurant they were meeting at on his way. He lied and said they were from Tiffany's.

"Why? What happened? Y'all was like, an ultimate power couple. A Whitney and Bobby." Harmonia cheesed.

"Well, he acted more like Whitney than I did."

Harmonia got quiet as she soon got what Eris meant.

"Oh. How you find out?" Harmonia finally said.

"We was playing spin the bottle and he had to kiss a dude. Of course he was like 'Nah, I gotta girl, that's gay' and shit but I found them fucking in the bathroom an hour later."

Harmonia busted out laughing and wiped the tears that formed.

"Damn! What you do then?"

"I just sat there and waited until they stopped. He has an excellent arch. Shit, probably better than mines."

"Hold on, how they get the space to get to the back arching in a bathroom?"

"They did it on the floor."

"Eewww."

"Man, I'm over it now. Shit's beyond me."

Harmonia took a final once over at herself in her wall mirror. She wore a golden fringed dress with diamonds lining the neckline, which went a bit low, with her large (fake) diamond earrings shaped like a heart and diamonds, complete with golden heels with diamonds on the band. The straps of the heels wrapped around her ankles tightly, as she was scared she was going to fall. Her afro, slightly a bit more tamed, was falling onto her shoulders and had been curled with curling rods, with the help of SeSe.