5

• play song while reading •

March 21, 1991

I worriedly look at the door as someone banged on it.

I yelled for them to come in and in came Marie and Yaz, frantically racing towards me.

" He fucking messed up, Harmoni! " Yaz yelled.

I tried to calm her down and asked her who.

" S-S-S-S-Samir! " Marie chimed in.

My heart started pounding and noticed it was quiet without his presence.

I immediately started thing of bad things and how he has no filter around anybody.

I got scared that his big ass mouth finally got him in trouble.

He was too slick and never knew when to shut up.

" Wait, so what happen? " I asked calmly while eating my cantaloupe.

Yaz started blabbing but I couldn't hear her due to her choking up constantly, stuttering, and speaking fast.

" Bitch slow down. Now, tell me what happened slowly. " I interrupted.

" Samir. Said. He. Wa- " She was interrupted by Marie smacking her neck.

" Speak normally, damn. She said slowly not like a fucking robot. " Marie snapped at Yaz.

" It's okay, Marie. Go 'head Yazmine. "

She took a breath and started over normally.

" So we went to go get Naima but she was working her night shift and Mir came back and we was finna get into it, if you know what I mea- "

" Nigga, that's disgusting. Don't tell us that shit, I don't wanna imagine my brother fucking the herpes outta you. " Marie mumbled.

Yaz squinted at her and sighed, " Never mind then. "

Marie jumped up and apologized quickly.

Yaz took a deep breath and picked up where she was, " So I was just on him and he stopped out of nowhere and commanded me to drive. Then after a good 30 seconds, he had this angry look and yelled at me to stop the car. He jumped out and stormed to Naima's workplace which made me suspicious, but I'm not his bitch so I didn't really want to question him when he got back. But he didn't come back. "

Me and Marie both had an expression of fear.

" So, he's dead? " I asked, my voice cracking.

She shrugged.

" I heard his voice and a deep ass voice talking but didn't think nothing of it, I thought it was one of his homies or some shit. Then I heard a gunsh- "