6

• play song while reading •

March 24, 1991

" What you mean you ain't find it yet? " SeSe shouted at the police officer.

" Your nephew's body hasn't been found Ms. We have looked all through the area but we couldn't find his body. Only traces of blood where he would've gotten shot were found at the scene. " He explained calmly.

SeSe mumbled to herself and inhaled deeply.

" Samir Reese Jackson body has to be found or else I'm suing each and every motherfucka at the police station! "

She slammed the door as he was about to speak and stormed back to the couch.

I was doing Marie's hair for her picture day to make her seem semi-presentable.

" What happen SeSe? " Marie questioned.

" They blind asses claim they ain't find Samir's body! The fuck a DEAD body finna go? " She yelled as she angrily smashed the phone's dial pad with her fingers.

Marie shook her head and just stayed quiet for the remainder of the time.

As I reached the last part of her hair to flat iron, I heard a little knock at the door.

SeSe walked to the door, obviously still angry, and asked who was it.

I heard a voice I'd never thought I'd hear ever again.

SeSe opened the door and looked up at the tall model.

She gracefully walked in and sat down beside us, smiling.

SeSe scoffed, " Ain't nobody invite into my damn house, Grace. "

She smiled back, " Nice to see you too, Serenity. I'm here to see my son and his father. Oh, hello darlings! " She exclaimed when she finally noticed us.

SeSe glared at her and Grace looked at her back.

" Grace. You haven't seen your son since his birthday, 3 fucking years ago. Why do you think you can just pop up and think everything will be okay? "

" Well, I've been traveling and I've missed his energy and good vibes those 3 years and have been yearning to visit him. "

It was silent for a minute and the only thing you could here was the sizzle of the flat iron.

" Grace, he's gone. " SeSe said nonchalantly.