Chapter 4: Erics POV

Eric’s POV

Like every other normal human being I just want to live my life. I want to spend my days arguing with my friends over stupid, childish shit. I want to spend my evening meals at the dinner table with my family. I want to spend my holidays with my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and cherish every moment with them. But I know these are just dreams. I know my life is never going to be that way.

My life fucking sucks…

I have seen and experienced so much in my relatively short time on this earth that I don’t believe I’ll ever have a normal life. Mostly because of that one day, that one person that ruined my life. I wish I had the power to just change that one day.

“We have to accompany the boss on some business in another town,” Carter tells me as he enters the living room holding a pack of skittles.

“When?” I grunt as I stretch out on the sofa.

“Tomorrow night. There’s a ‘meeting’ with a gang that is causing him a headache. He wants us to do something about it,” He tells me while smacking on his skittles.

Suddenly Travis bursts into the room yelling, “Your dad is bombarding my phone with calls! For God’s sake! Pick up your damn phone when he calls!”
He throws his phone into my lap. I look at his call history and there are ten to twenty missed calls from my dad. I’ve had my phone on silent since last night because he was trying to reach me and I wasn’t in the mood hence he called Travis. But he can’t just go around harassing my mates with his calls to get to me. Can’t he pick up a hint? I don’t want to listen to what he has to say!
I take my phone out of my pocket and see that it is loaded with voicemails and texts from him.

“At least listen to him once. I want him to stop bothering me with his calls,”  Travis sighs, taking a seat in front of the television.
I don’t want to, but I guess I have to. I dial his number and it only has to ring twice before someone picks up.

“Mr. Richardson’s phone, how can I help you?” It’s the voice of a woman, Amy Wells, my dad’s personal assistant. If she answers the phone it means that he’s already in his office.

“Give him the phone,” I sternly demand her. I know she is not at fault but I’m already quite pissed right now and I’m not in the mood for this bullshit.

“Who is this? He is busy with some work but perhaps I can take a message from you?” She sounds irritated. I don’t blame her but this questioning of hers is only firing up my anger and I change my mind. I don’t need to talk to that asshole.

“You know what, don’t give him the phone! Just tell him to stop blowing up my boy’s phones!” I scream at her and I hang up the phone. If he wanted to talk with me so badly then why is he not there when I’m finally ready?
He could talk with me at dinner or after dinner like a proper family. But unfortunate Mr. Richardson is too busy working and whoring around. Honestly, I don’t need that douchebag in my life but my heart breaks for Lucy, my little sister. She is the sweetest person in the world and I would literally kill anyone for her. She needs her father, she doesn’t know what kind of person he is, yet.

“You alright there buddy?” Carter asks raising an eyebrow.

“Well, you know. The usual,” I say as I rub my forehead. I don’t have to explain anything to them. They know all about the situation with my dad and they know I don’t like talking about it.

“Alright, let’s go. I believe we are expected to make our appearance at school,” Travis says changing the subject. I’m grateful because I’m in desperate need of some distraction.
As we are heading to the door my phone start ringing. I can already guess who it is. Doesn’t the fucker understand anything?