Chapter 6 : "You're not my little mermaid?"

Arielle

Am I hallucinating, or did that Eric guy just poured the entire contents of a water bottle over my head? And he just left! Like nothing had happened! I swear, the nerve of this guy! I know, I wasn't really looking where I was going but it was an accident.

Everyone is looking at me with pity in their eyes, but not surprise. I guess these kind of incidents happen all the time here, with those bunch of gang-members around.

"Are you alright?" Sandy asks me with worry in her eyes. She hands me a tissue.

"Yeah. I just need some dry clothes to wear, I guess!" I don't know what I should feel. Should I get angry at him? Should I feel embarrassed? Should I go and apologize to him? I mean, I did hear rumors that he was having a bad day. Accidentally or not I did ruin his shirt. Maybe that justifies his reaction?

"I keep an extra top in my locker," Carol offers, dragging me away from my thoughts.

"Who does that guy think he is?! One day I'm going to kick his ass so hard!" Cameron says.

"In your dreams, bro. Last time I checked he was the one doing the ass kicking," Zach jokes. Cameron glares at him.

"Just shut the fuck up Zach," he snaps.

"Both of you can shut your damn mouths!" Sandy yells as she halts us in front of Carol's locker. Both of them instantly stop talking but Cameron is still glaring at his brother. Carol opens her locker and hands me a plain red crop top. I thank her and walk towards the girls room to change. Most of the girls already went to their classes so luckily it's empty. I quickly change into the top and brush some of the water out of my hair with my hands. When I see myself in the mirror I gasp. I'm a freaking mess! Thank God I didn't have time to put any make-up on this morning. I can only imagine what that would've looked like right now. I try to dry my hair under the hands-dryer but the second bell rings. I have to run, I can't miss any classes on the first day. When I catch up with my new group of friends I hear Cameron, desperately trying to convince the others of something.

"He needs to learn his lesson, think about it guys!"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Carol responds.

"Yeah, really bad idea Cam," Zach agrees. I don't know what they are talking about so I remain silent. If they want to share they'll obviously fill me in.

"Cameron I don't know, you'll have to ask Arielle," Sandy says. Hearing my name drop I join the conversation. "Am I missing something?" I ask clueless.

"Yes. You're angry right?" Cameron asks me, I nod, "Well, because of what Eric did I have a plan. We are going to file a complaint against him, that he assaulted you on your first day. We have the entire cafeteria to back us up! And I know that he's already having some issues with the principal so it should be easy to convince him to suspend Eric," he grins, passion burning in his eyes. Without thinking I reply.

"No," I say. Seeing the shock in his eyes.

"But why? It is about damn time someone took some action against that asshole," he says.

"Firstly Cameron, it's not my revenge, it's yours. Secondly, it was my fault, I ruined his shirt. So I think what he did was reasonable. He was already having a bad day and I didn't exactly made it any better. So you can kiss goodbye to your great plan. We're not going to do it," I sternly say.

"You guys are not thinking straight!" Cam yells.

"Cam shut the fuck up now, will you? If you want to take revenge on him, be my guest but don't drag us down with you. Got it? Now let's go, we're already late for class," Sandy yells.