Chapter 2

Alexanders P.o.v

Sitting inside my car outside the club, I looked at my watch; it showed twenty-five minutes to nine. I sat quietly for a few minutes, knowing that my arrival was early. The silence was a first after a long hectic month, and I wanted to bathe in it willingly. These past days have been busy; I have constantly been traveling around or sitting in endless meetings, altogether everything has been draining me.

The buzzing of my phone made me jump; I looked at the name and rolled my eyes with an annoyed look.
Cassandra Olsen, I won't let you sink your claws into me. Furiously canceling the call, I decided to go inside the club.

As usual, people were enjoying themselves drinking and dancing. Guys and girls were flirting, making out, and even grinding on. The dance floor was practically invisible; my nose wafted alcohol and sweat from a mile away, my eardrums vibrated in protest. People who were almost strangers shamelessly dry humped each other.

How could anyone be so close together when they barely know each other?

Who was I to judge? It was their life; they could do whatever they wanted to. It was the money that talked for the women most of the time. They could never reject a great opportunity of finding the perfect billionaire to fund them.

Walking ahead, I climbed the stairs and towards Peter's office. I knocked and heard him telling me to come inside.

Peter sat on his chair behind the desk, reading a file, I assumed. He was a fifty plus old fellow with some grey hair but looked almost ten years younger.
He looked at me, eyes widened for a second, and stood up.

"Alex, I wasn't expecting you early, we do talk on the phone every day, but it's good to see you after a month. Have a seat, my boy." Peter shook my hand and patted me on the shoulder.

"It's good to see you too, Peter. Yes, I got stuck in the Yorkshire deal Ben, and I are working on." I told him, taking a seat in front of him.

"Ohh yeah, I forgot about that. I must meet this friend of yours. He never seems to visit you here, though." Peter replied.

"Yes, he just hasn't laid with every woman in L.A. But I promise you, when he does, he will come here to search for more. I think he is on a world record or something." I replied him rolling my eyes.

Peter laughed out loud at my response, making me smile. I had known Peter for a year, but he had made a special place in my heart quite quickly. He was very hardworking and witty, but warm-hearted and open-minded, the qualities everyone wanted in their dad. I forced myself not to think about my dad anymore or even compare him with Peter.

"Did you guys manage to crack it in Yorkshire?" Peter asked.

"Yep, thank God, I can finally be at one place this month. Just have to go for the final signatures tomorrow." I sighed.

"I see; I am glad you got time to meet your interior designer. She rejected the idea of starting the renovations from Monday, was persistent she wanted to show you her designs personally." Peter huffed.

Tilting my head back, I shrugged, "And I told you that I have complete trust in you, Peter, and Jack had sent the emails on my behalf for what I liked and did not. But because you had called me for it almost every day, I had to acknowledge it."

"Thanks a lot, Alex."

"You don't need to thank me, Peter. Now let's get to business, shall we?" I asked.

"Yes, Of course." He replied.

"The L.A club is a mess, Peter. I don't understand people practically stay there all weekend, but still, we can barely take out the costs and salaries. I have checked and rechecked, gone through the stocks and lists multiple times, but I am still not able to find the rat who has been messing up with the money." I huffed.