He works in a bakery.

Chapter 1 - He works in a bakery

The birds were chirping, the weather was beautiful. In itself, it was a nice Monday morning when Louis went to get bread for himself and his roommates.

The roads were relatively quiet and inanimate because almost everyone is on their way to work or school at this hour of the day.

Louis walked into the bakery with a good mood and a big smile on his face. He was about to walk to the counter until he saw a young man sorting the bread in the counter display cabinet. His brown curls immediately got his attention, and they were almost bobbing in the air with every movement the young boy made.

Louis was surprised. Why did he never realize that this curly head worked here?

Otherwise, he often became friends with salesmen or waiters, as he often had a small talk with them after he bought or ordered something.

The young man was absorbed in his work and Louis could even hear him humming to himself. Even though he could barely hear the strange boys' voice, he noticed how gentle it was.

After a few silent seconds of Louis just staring and thinking, he stood right in front of the counter - finally. Nevertheless, he was ignored. Instead of wishing Louis a good day, the employee with the gray sweater and a red apron tucked around his waist counted the bread again.

Louis looked at his watch and noticed that he should hurry. Otherwise, he will be late for work.

"Hello.", he said quietly, to interrupt the silence and get the young man's attention. And oh yeah, he got it then. The poor boy nearly jumped, unaware that a customer was standing in front of him all this time.

Then it happened. Their gazes met. Louis could see a green, shimmering tone in his eyes and noticed how his counterpart also inspected his blue eyes. The curly head looked young. Even younger than Louis, who himself was barely 18 years old.

"Oh, e-excuse me.", the green-eyed stuttered timidly. He cleared his throat and continued, "How can I help you?". Now that Louis could hear his voice correctly, Louis wanted to keep on listening. The stranger had an unusually pleasant voice. It was still high - probably because of his age - but it calmed you down as soon as you heard it.

"I'd like 5 rolls ...", Louis gave the order he had made up with his flatmates. The boy behind the counter nodded mutely and thoughtfully packed six rolls for him. Louis paid no attention to that. No, Louis paid more attention to how his curls kept bouncing so gracefully.

,,Oh. Oh my god, I'm so sorry-I...'', the stranger mumbled an apology nervously to himself, ''-I've packed 6, excuse me please.''. ''Oh don't worry, that's okay! Then I'll just buy those 6 pieces instead.'', Louis only gave him a friendly smile and already pulled out his wallet.''N-No, I can deduct it from the price.'', the curlyhead replied. "No, that's fine.''. 

There was a calm, soothing tone in Louis' voice, which calmed the boy a little.

Louis only saw him typing in the cash register, mumbling that it was making 3 euros. He quickly gave him the money and took the bag of bread.

"Have a nice day...", Louis heard a low murmur.

''Thanks, you too!''.

And Louis did not notice it, but the shy boy's eyes were on him for several full minutes, as he left the store.