Everything Is Shattering

Chapter 15 - Everything Is Shattering

Louis's thoughts rushed through his mind. He was not only confused, but he was also hurt too. Why would Harry - who usually used to flirt with him and exchange gentle looks with him - just push him away like that?

He did not understand any of this. Harry will probably never come back to the bakery, just because of yesterday's incident. This could not all be true!

Louis felt guilty and reproached himself for not helping him. However, the question is, does Harry even want any help?

The whole day, Louis locked himself in his room. He pondered and seemed to hide in his own mind. Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door. He rubbed his lightly stubbled chin and rolled his eyes. "Come in." He sighed.

It was Liam and a very worried looking Niall. They weren't used to not hearing anything from their otherwise loud and happy roommate all day long. The two stood there, just staring at him. Louis looked at them both and sighed."Is everything okay?", Niall asked worriedly. He looked at Louis with a sympathetic look. Liam sat down next to Louis and bit down on his lower lip. Louis nodded and stared steadily at the pale blue wall in front of him. Liam gave Niall a look before leaning back.

"Louis, we are worried.", his blonde friend said then. Liam nodded until he also opened his mouth, "..you are so quiet and lock yourself in your room ... that can only mean that you're probably too occupied with your mind to talk to us.". Louis looked at the two. They knew him too well.

The last time Louis locked himself in his room for weeks, it was because he got fired from his previous job. Now he worked at Starbucks, but it was not his dream job - at all. He always wanted to become a psychologist. Helping others as they go through a difficult time.

Louis sighed and nodded. "You're right, Liam. I'm sad ... '', he started, ''- but I just don't know if I can really tell you why. It confuses me and I don't quite understand it. ''.

Now Niall joined Louis on his bed and took his hand. "But maybe we can help you understand it," he said. Liam smiled softly and nodded in agreement. "Do you want to try to talk about it?", he asked curiously.

Louis looked at them now and thought for a few minutes. Until he finally started to talk.

''That makes no sense. Why should not Harry suddenly recognize you? "Niall asked, definitely confused by the situation, after Louis explained it." I don't know-''.

''Manipulation''.

Both friends looked at Liam very confusedly."What did you say?", Louis asked, blinking. "Manipulation. Brainwashing!", Liam said again, his gaze flicking between them both. "Someone made him pretend he doesn't know you. Of course, just so you give up looking for him. ''.

Louis stared at his feet. That made sense. However, he did not know what he should have done to be tortured with this horrible silence ...