Chapter 6: Horse Thief Heroes

hey guys!  I'm back with another chapter!  I'm sorry this is so short.  please comment and vote!  

Hailey's POV*

I was on my bed watching Riverdale when my phone rang. I picked it up without even looking at it.

Hello?

[Hey Hailey!]

Oh, hey Colby! It's been a while.

[That is has. Devyn told me about your accident, are you ok?]

I'm fine. A little shaken up, but I'll live.

[You know, I'm the last person who should be saying this, but what you did was incredibly stupid.]

I know, but I'd do anything for Acorn. And I only walked away with a split lip and a slightly bruised eye.

[Oh God, Hailey. Oh, when you come back for the olympic Trials, me, you, Sam, and Corey are doing an abandoned exploration video.]

I promise you'll hold up your end of the bargain.

[You know I will.]

Colby, I have to get back to the stables. Tell the others I said hi.

[Will do. Bye!]

Bye!

I hung up, turned off Netflix, and got dressed. I walked down the road and entered Bright Fields, meeting up with Becky and Jade. "It's Zoe." I said, looking at the entrance. The three of us walked up to her.

"Horse Thief Hero returns." Becky said, walking up to Zoe.

"Ugh, please don't call me that. I wanna have a cool superhero name." Zoe told us.

"All the cool ones are taken, for example; Spiderman, Ironman, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Thor, Loki, Gamora..." I said.

"Those are all Marvel names." Zoe told me.

"I know." I told her.

"The Equestrian Avenger?" Jade tried but Zoe rose an eyebrow.

"Tack-man?" Becky asked.

"Horse Thief hero it is." Zoe said to us.

"Good choice." I said, chuckling. "Wait, till you see what Elliot's done. There's security cameras everywhere, recording our every move." I told her.

"Which would have been useful to know before I picked Bob's nose for him." Becky said.

"Gross." I said, disgusted.

"Looks like Ben's made some new friends." Zoe said, looking behind her.

"Yea, with quad bikes." Jade said.

"Oh I love quads. Back home, we would attach a plastic steer to the end and that's how we worked on our roping." I told them.

"Oh my quad Zoe, it's the worst. He's lost all interest in horses, he's not helping with Bob, and I can't do it all." Becky said, exasperated.

"That sounds drastic." I said to her.

"Is that the time?" Becky asked, looking at her phone.

"No, Becky. That's the date, the time is right over there." Zoe said, showing her.

"Even worse. I'm late for my shift at the cafe." Becky said, walking away. "Right, Jade, you're looking after Bob. two feeds, plenty of kisses, and whatever happens, don't let him get bored." Becky told Jade.