Chapter 10: Holloway

hey guys!  I'm back and guess what...this chapter starts season 2!  Just pretend season 2 starts after the Olympics, so Hailey and them are all 2 years older, which makes Pin and Hailey 18.  Please comment and vote and please enjoy!

Hailey POV*

Right now, I'm in Tokyo in the arena, 3 jumps away from taking home the gold. "2 fences from the gold metal. 1 fence...if she jumps this, it's gold for Team USA." The announcer said. I took a deep breath as Acorn and I approached the last fence. I counted strides and Acorn flew over the fence. "Yes!" The announcer said as the USA crowd cheered loudly. "84.38 seconds, it's just that one time for USA, uhh, two faults at best, three faults at worst. No one could beat them." The announcer said as I pet Acorn's neck as we cantered around the arena. "Gold medalist and Olympic champions." I rode out of the arena where my entire house attacked me in a hug as soon as I dismounted.

"You did it!" Colby yelled, swinging me around.

"Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of an Olympic gold medal!" Elton said as he clapped me on the back.

"Thanks guys." I said, smiling. "And good job to you." I said as I pet Acorn's nose.

"Hailey, great job." Meredith said as she walked up to me.

"Thanks Meredith. It's all because of you." I said, smiling, but I instantly lost my smile. "Wait, now that the Olympics are over, does that mean you want Acorn back?" I asked her, a little disappointed.

Meredith smiled at me. "Acorn's yours." She told me.

I gasped. "Are you serious!?" I asked her and she nodded. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I yelled as I hugged her and she chuckled.

"Don't you have a medal to get?" She asked me.

"Oh yea." I said as I walked back out into the arena. I met up with my teammates and we walked up to the podium.

"USA takes their third Olympic team title after they won the eventing here and earlier in the games," The announcer said as the Team USA show jumping team took off our helmets, held them up, and walked up onto the gold medal podium. "Stepping up onto the podium, the team of 5...Hailey Steuart, Lucy Davis, Kent Farrington, Beezie Madden, and McLain Ward." The announcer said as all 5 of us got our gold metals. We all looked at each other, smiling as we all waved to the crowd. We all huddled together as we got our picture taken about 5,000,000 times. We all walked out of the arena and back to the team USA hotel.

"That was amazing!" Lucy said, lightly punching me in the shoulder.

"Yea, we made gold all because of you." McLain said to me.

I chuckled slightly and smiled. "I couldn't have done it without a great trainer, a great horse, and my amazing teammates." I told them. That night, we did the Olympic closing ceremony and we could go home. Since I'm not going to America, I'm on the flight with all the other athletes from England. I loaded Acorn into the airplane with no problem. I walked back to the terminal and sat down since all my luggage is already being taken to the plane. I went into the bathrooms to get dressed. When I came out, I was wearing my Team USA jacket over a light grey t-shirt, black mesh capris, my black Vans, and to top it all off, my gold medal.