Chapter 21: Junior Nationals

Hailey's POV*

"Ok everyone, tomorrow is a big day, so get to the tents and get some sleep," Marcus told us as we all nodded. We all set up tents next to the trailers; some of them are 2 to a tent or 3 to a tent. Mia and Susie are together, Zoe, Becky, and Jade are together, Marcus is alone, and Pin and I are sharing a tent. I walked into the tent and quickly changed and Pin walked in as I was putting on a sweatshirt.

"Oh, sorry." Pin said, smiling as he walked in.

"It's fine," I said to him as we sat down on the air mattress on the ground. I yawned as I leaned my lead onto Pin's shoulder and I got out my phone as I was scrolling through Instagram. I suddenly let out a laugh as Pin looked at me weirdly.

"What's so funny?" Pin asked me as I continued laughing and wiped a tear off of my cheek.

"Ivan trying to cook," I said, bursting out laughing as I showed him the video.

"Who's Ivan?" Pin asked me as I turned off my phone and put it next to me.

"Ivan is one of my friends from LA. He's originally from Spain and he's the twin brother of Emilio Martinez." I said as Pin nodded as I lied down.

"It's late, I think we should get some sleep." Pin said to me as I agreed. Pin lied down next to me as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him as I curled up into his chest. "I love you." Pin whispered.

"Love you too," I mumbled as I drifted off into a deep sleep.

The next day, when I woke up, Pin was gone. "Most likely went back to get ready for the show," I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my eyes and quickly got dressed. I put on a white collared shirt, my blue riding jacket, white riding pants, and my riding boots. I put my hair up into a bun and I walked out of the tent, seeing everyone getting their horses ready. I quickly walked up to Acorn and I grabbed his grooming supplies. I quickly groomed him and I was working through the knots in his tail as Marcus was walking around, checking up on us.

"Hailey, if you don't think Acorn should ride, pull him immediately," Marcus said as he rubbed Acorn's back as I got the last knot out of his tail.

"Got it," I said as I put the comb away and started to put Acorn's mane in a hinter braid. Right now, I only have one thought on my mind. Zoe and I have to come in first and second to keep Acorn and Raven. I just finished the braid as Holloway walked past us. I looked at Pin and he smiled at me as I smiled back.

"How's it going, me hearties?" Becky asked us, walking up to us in a pirate costume.

"Nice costume, Becky," Tanner said genuinely as the boys walked over to us. Baird and Maverick stood my me as Tanner went to go talk to Susie, and Jake headed for Jade.

"Thanks, Tanner. Bob and I are dressing up as pirate smugglers." Becky said to him as he nodded.

"Uh...a little nervous," Mia confessed, walking away from her horse and facing Becky.

"Yea, I have butterflies in my stomach for sure," Zoe said, crossing her arms as I walked up to her.

"Mine feels more like pterodactyls," Jade said as she and Jake walked up to us.

"Good, you should be nervous. We have to win." Mia said as she walked up to us as we all stood in a group.

"Mia," Marcus warned.

"I'll admit Marcus, I agree with Mia. We need the prize money to rebuild the stables, or Bright Fields is gone forever." I said to everyone as Mia agreed with me.

"Ok. Everyone, relax. We can't worry about what's next. We trained for this. We're ready. Get out there and enjoy yourselves." Marcus said to us as we all listened to him.