Chapter 9: County Show

Hailey's POV*

"Do.the.Show.Zoe." I said, walking up to Zoe in my show jumping uniform.

"Cut.It.Out.Hailey." Zoe said to me, smiling.

"Did Sam talk you around?" I asked her, motioning to the barn office.

"I guess I can't let...all our training go to waste." Zoe told me.

"Yes! Now we're totally gonna win!" I said, lightly punching Zoe's shoulder.

"Yea, if I don't fall...or bolt. Or humiliate myself in some other wonderful way." Zoe said.

"That won't happen, Zoe." I told her as we began walking.

This show jumping outfit is so cute!" Rosie said, running up to us. "You might actually look good today." Rosie said. "Come here." Rosie said, pulling Zoe away.

"Have fun!" I said, chuckling. An hour later, and the yard was swarming with riders, getting their horses ready. I was grooming Aztec, the horse I was gonna ride for the show.

  I was grooming Aztec, the horse I was gonna ride for the show

       Aztec

He was a dark bay Thoroughbred at 15 hands. I was brushing his mane at braiding it into a hunter braid. 

 Hunter Braid

 Hunter Braid

 I then put his blanket on him as I followed Marcus to the trailers. I followed Marcus and loaded Aztec into the trailer. We finished loading up all the horses when Zoe walked up. We all looked at her as she smiled at all of us.

"What? What are you guys staring at?" Zoe asked as we all stopped looking at her, but Pin walked up to her. They we're talking with each other and laughing as I once again, mentally rolled my eyes. I then saw Pin walk away.

"Goodbye to you too." I muttered as I walked away and got into the trailer with Zoe, Jade, and Becky.

The RV started moving and we were on our way. "So there are different classes throughout the day, such as tack and turnout, dressage..." Jade said.