Chapter 19: Screw Off-Riding

Hailey's POV*

"Hailey, wake up." Pin whispered in my ear as I groaned and wrapped myself in the sheets as Pin kissed me before getting up and putting on his clothes. I grabbed my clothes from the floor and put them on while I put on my riding clothes. I walked out, doing my hair as Pin finished buttoning up his shirt.

"Good morning," I said, kissing his cheek as I made my way downstairs. "I should just give you a key to my house," I said to him as I put a piece of toast in the toaster.

"I mean...that wouldn't be a bad idea." Pin said, leaning up against the island as I'm waiting for my toast.

"Well, you know where the spare key is," I said as I grabbed the freshly done toast. I kissed Pin as I made my way towards the door. "Cya later. Love you." I said as I made my way out the door.

"Love you." Pin said as he closed the door after me. I got in my truck and drove to Holloway, seeing Zoe already there. I walked into Acorn's old stall, seeing him eat his hay.

"Bryan, did you put muscle relaxer into Acorn's feed?" I questioned the stable hand.

"Yea." He said and I nodded. I got out my grooming supplies and groomed Acorn before I led him to the paddock with some of the other horses. I met Marcus in the grass arena as Zoe started her round.

"Failure is not an option. It's win or go home. Alex, shorten your reins and do it again." James said as Alex completed his run and Zoe started.

"That's it, Zoe. Enjoy the ride and the rest will follow." Marcus said, smiling.

"Zoe, keep your heels down and give Raven some slack on the reins," I said as she loosened the reins a bit and I nodded.

"Where'd you learn that? Horse Training for Beginners?" James asked us as Zoe rode up to us.

"Ignore him. He's threatened. You two are great trainers." Zoe said to us as we looked at Zoe. Marcus smiled at Zoe as she dismounted. "Do you think Raven's ok? Has he seemed...low-energy to you?" Zoe asked us.

"I mean it could be the stress or he's still anxious about the fire," I said to her. "We're not the only ones who lost Bright Fields," I said to her and Marcus agreed.

"Yea, thanks, Hailey," Zoe said as she patted Raven's neck before the two walked off.

"What did Meredith say about you not being able to ride Acorn?" Marcus asked me.

"Honestly I'm not sure. She was angry but concerned. I don't know what will happen." I said as I looked at Acorn who was running around in the paddock with the other horses.

"Marcus, Hailey! Team meeting in 10!" Mia told us.

"Got it," I said as Mia walked away. "Shall we, my dear cousin?" I asked in a fake British accent.

"We shall, my dear cousin," Marcus said in a real British accent as we laughed and walked out of the arena towards the spot where we're having our meeting.

"Actually, I'm meeting Pin with Acorn. I want him to check something out." I said as I broke away and saw Pin in Acorn's stall.

"What's up?" Pin asked me.

"It's Acorn. He's been acting like he's tired all the time and he's being a little moody." I told Pin as Acorn stomped his foot on the ground. "No," I said, sternly as I placed my foot on top of Acorn's hoof. He snorted, agitated as I moved my foot and I rolled my eyes. "I'm probably overthinking, as, usual, but I want to make sure that there was nothing wrong with him. Like side effects from the medicine or the fire." I explained the Pin as he took out his stethoscope to listen to Acorn's heart.