19

We had all gone to the beach again the next morning. After we were tired of playing in the beach Jay suggested we have a sandcastle building contest and since we did not have any other option, we all agreed. He was very persistent.

I partnered up with Jay after he and Aiden argued for ten whole minutes about who would be my partner. I just let them do their thing while I peacefully sunbathed. After everyone had decided on their partners, we started building the sandcastles.

"Don't you think we should have a prize?" I asked them. Why hold a contest when there was no prize?

"Okay, the winners don't have to do any chores for the rest of the week," Xavier beamed.

"That sounds perfect"

All of us were so focused on building the castle, I failed to notice Jay sprawled out on the sand, drinking orange juice. I crouched beside him, earning his attention.

"What's up?" he asked, no thoughts behind his bright green eyes.

"Were you planning on doing anything at all?" I cheekily questioned, to which he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"We have time. No need to stress so much over this Lacey" he uttered dismissively.

I grinned at the boy, concealing my annoyance, and poked him in the sides where I knew he was sensitive. He guffawed as he shot up from his previous position. "Lacey, s-stop," he breathed out, kicking around and laughing.

"Are you going to help me with the castle or not?" I demanded, and he vigorously nodded his head. His pale skin was turning red from all the laughing, and I was starting to feel bad, so I stopped. "Good," I huffed as I dragged him towards our sandcastle.

We managed to make the most atrocious-looking sandcastle ever, and we were proud of it. It was barely holding up, but we were not going to put in more effort.

"I'm so tired," Jay sighed as he lay down on his back.

"I'll go check how the others are doing," I said, standing up and dusting off my shorts before walking over to Ava and Ashton, whose sandcastle was worse than ours. They had barely tried anything. I moved past them before I could watch them aggressively making out. They were all over each other at all times; it wasn't even funny. I scrunched my nose as I walked towards Xavier, Emma, and Zoe.

Before I could reach them, Xavier started shouting at me. "Hey! Don't come here! You will copy our work!" he shooed me off before I could see their creation. I sighed as I finally reached the last pair.

"He is so lazy," Aiden complained, pointing at Jason. I chuckled at his distressed expression.

"Want any help?" I peered at him through my eyelashes.

"Aren't you bored? The others are still building the stupid sandcastle," I groaned. Jay looked at me slyly before taking a handful of sand and throwing it right at my face. "What the fuck, Jayce?" I growled before taking a handful of sand and throwing it back at him.

We both continued throwing sand back and forth until Aiden stopped us. "We're going for lunch," he said, looking at us, amused. "You guys are a mess," he chuckled before helping me stand up. My hair was covered in sand, and I had no idea how I was going to clean up the mess that was me.

Jay and I went back to the beach house to freshen up. It took me almost an hour to get rid of all the sand, no thanks to Jay.

"Hey, you didn't go to the restaurant?" I asked Aiden, who was sitting on the couch. He turned around to look at me.

"I was waiting for you."

Jay said something inaudible under his breath and received a smack from the pillow from Aiden. I raised my eyebrows at them, not bothering to question them.