Chapter 3 - I'm leaving, you can either come with me or get eaten

Jay's POV

"How much did you hear Kaleb?" Trin asked as I held my legs closer to my chest. May and Meg where on the other side of the the building looking at the sunset whilst we talked about what was next...

"Enough" He replied in his thick Californian accent that I had always adored.

"Well forget it. It's non of your business" I said coldly making him look at me with a harsh stare. "What?" I asked him rhetorically making him step back as if he wasn't expecting me to notice.

"Nothing" He said under his breath before walking off. I put my head on my knees and let out a breath. I looked up to see Trin laying on her back with her eyes closed, her skin almost translucent.

"Shit... No...No...No.." I said to myself as I looked her over. She wasn't breathing anymore. I felt for a pulse on her neck and wrist but it was really faint. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I instantly turned to see Jake stood there with a small smile on his face.

"Is she... You know" He asked in a suttle tone that would keep any girl under his bedsheets for days.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know. I'm a sixteen year old school reject not a fucking doctor!" I shouted at him making him back off and the others look at me. I looked down the driveway of the car park and saw rotters walking up the ramp.

"We have to go" I said before quickly standing up. "We have to go NOW!" I continued making the others look at me.

"Why?" They asked in unison making me want to punch a wall.

"Because those fucking things are coming up the ramp of this stupid car park that we came too when we where kids. We thought it would be safe but obviously fucking not! I'm leaving. You can either come with me and get in my fuckin car or stay and get eaten!" I shouted as I pulled the machete from around my waist and split the blade in two as they caught sight of us and started walking faster, the moans now more audible.

Kaleb's POV

"Get in the fucking car!" I shouted as I ran to Jay's car, I got in the passenger seat with May following shortly after into the back.

"Claudia in the car! Now!" Jay shouted as she swung one of the blades through a things head, making it fall to the floor.

"I'm not leaving Trinity!" Claudia shouted as she ran to her friend.

"Claudia! She's bit ok! She is fuckin dead and to be honest you will be the first thing she will sink her teeth into. NOW GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!" She shouted as blood sprayed across her face.

"No!" Claudia shouted making Jay groan in annoyance.

"Fine then. Your fuckin funeral love" Jay said as she stopped with her swords and ran towards the car before practically jumping inside and starting the engine as things started to go towards Claudia.

"Your letting them eat her?!" Jake shouted as she hit the accelerator and started driving away.

"Yup" She sighed as she heard the screams of Claudia as her body was torn apart and eaten by rotters.

"Say anything about me leaving her then your also going to end up like Claudia" Jay said making Jake shut his mouth instantly.

"Titch... are you okay?" I asked her and she gave me a death glare.

"Shut up. We are now playing the silent game" She replied, her voice was as cold as ice. She was playing with her spider bite, she always did that when she was scared. I had only see her do it a few times.

"What are we in for?" I thought to myself as we drove in complete silence. Each of us scared to talk.