Chapter 4 - Maybe time to say "Sorry for not shooting you in the face"

Jay's POV

We had been driving for a few hours now, the gas was running out and so was daylight. I needed some sleep and so did everyone else.

"Titch..." Kaleb whispered as I pulled up at the nearest petrol station.

"Yeah?" I asked back, still in a whisper. I didn't want to talk about anything and I didn't want to wake the others either.

"What was going through your mind?" He asked back, I sighed as I opened the car door and started putting gas into the car and a few cans that where next to it and placed them in the boot of the car.

"I wasn't thinking Kaleb, it was a case of she dies or we all die trying to get her. It was instinct." I told him honestly and he seemed shocked, but didn't say anything. "You should grab some food and supplies; while I fill the car up."

"Uh... Yeah okay" He said shakely as he started walking towards the gas station store.

"Wait" I sighed making him turn around with the crooked smile he always had when he looked at me. "Did i do the right thing?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Well... We are alive. I think you did the right thing" He turned and walked away into the building.

20 Minutes Later

I was sat on the car bonnet waiting for Kaleb to bring out the last basket full of food he had collected. It was mainly chocolate, doretoes and energy drinks but it was food non the less.

"Jay" Kaleb said from inside the store, i couls see he was looking at something and honestly i was curious.

"What is it?" I asked as i jumped off the car and walked towards him.

"Your mom is on TV" He said as I entered the store and looked at the screen.

"That's not my mum. That's Trinity's mum" I said as I looked at the image of a woman with short blonde hair and blue eyes send a message to the country telling everybody who was still alive that help would arrive as long as they stayed alive. She had to provide false hope for the entire world and I admired her for it. She was giving people the will to fight in a world that was falling apart.

"Guys get in the car! We got company!" Jake shouted making both of us look outside the window and see the herd of moaning rotters walking along the streets of London getting closer and closer to us.

"Jake your driving!" I shouted as I ran to the car with Kaleb following behind. He got into the car where as I grabbed my AK-47 and sat on top of the car.

"Get in the car Titch!" Jake shouted as I kicked the hood.

"U know what fuck it. I'm free climbing" I said as I put my gun onto my back and jumped up onto the gas station roof.

"Fine. Get eaten!" Jake shouted as he drove off... The hoard running after them.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I ran from roof to roof, going back to the car park where we left Trinity.

Trinity's POV

I knew she left me, I was still alive and she knew that. She knew I wouldn't go out without a fight. Claudia's screams had died down now and the soft moans of the undead filled the air as well as the shuffling of their feet. They didn't touch me, like I was invisible to them and I loved it. I didn't dare open my eyes, just in case they caught on that I wasn't like them. I had already been bitten once and fuck knows how I didn't turn but I don't really fancy getting bitten again. That fucker hurt.

The sounds of shuffling feet got faster as the moans got louder.They had spotted something.

"Fucking die already!" In heard Titch shout as the sound of swords cutting through flesh became audible. She had came back. Why? I had no fuckin clue but to be honest I was glad she did. The smell of a half eaten Meg was getting too much for me to bare. "Trinity? U still alive?" She asked once the sounds of moans had stopped and all that was left was the sound of Jay's footsteps.

"Yeah I'm alive. Bitch why didn't you shoot me like I asked you to?" I questioned as I opened my eyes and looked at her whilst she smiled to herself.

"Maybe a good time to say sorry for not shooting you in the face" She said making me laugh too as I sat up from the ledge I was still sat on.

"Apology accepted" I sighed as the sun went down over our dead city.

Again sorry it's not a long one but the song for this beauty is Soldier On by Oasis :)