Chapter 10 Continued

As Jay, Felix and David set to work in the labs Kaleb and Trinity started talking about the events of the last six months. The look of Trinity had deteriorated over the months as her skin was now rotten and flesh was decaying off her bones. She looked more and more dead every day, even though she still had a conscious mind.

"I'm worried about Jay" Trinity said to him, she had noticed Jay become more and more distant each passing day. Since Trinity had gotten bitten and found out she was a carrier they had been different. Nobody could deal with the fact of losing people they care about better then Jay. When her mother died she had made it her mission to not let anyone close enough to her that it would cause an impact on her if they where ever killed.

"Same" Kaleb said quietly as he looked over through the glass walls of the lab. He didn't realise it and neither did Trinity herself but she was getting closer to Kaleb, and Jay could see why. She could see the hunger for flesh in Trinity's eyes.

"I'll be back in a second" Jay said as she went into the room the other two of her friends where in.

"Hey Jay" Trinity said as she looked up at Jayla.

"Bye Trin" She said back with no emotion in her voice as she cocked the gun to Trinity's head and tried to pull the trigger. "Oh one sec... Safety is on" Jay said as she took back the gun and took the safety off before pulling the trigger.

"Ow what the fuck Jay!" Trinity shouted as blood poured out her shoulder.

"For fuck sake!" Jay shouted before finally getting her aim straight and shooting Trinity between the eyes. "There we go" She sighed as she turned on her heel and walked away from the scene.

"What the hell Jay!" Kaleb shouted as she looked over her shoulder at him.

"She was going to eat you. Your welcome. Shut up or you'll be shot too" Jay said every time Kaleb's opened his mouth to say something else. He looked like a fish.

"I take it Trinity is dead" David said as she came back into the lab.

"Yup" Jay said, still no emotion in her voice, she held up a vile of Trinity's blood that the bullet had collected and gave it to her dad.

"Good" David said to himself as he looked at the reddish black blood of Jay's now dead friend.