-Falcon-

"Hey, Steve?" I started, looking at him through the rear-view mirror as we drove back to Washington. I then saw his light blue eyes in the mirror shift upon me and he slightly nodded to show he was listening. I took a deep breath before I spoke. "I'm sorry how I acted, I shouldn't have said that, I- I was just upset and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. Sorry." I then looked back in the mirror and he was smiling.

"I accept your apology Kara. I shouldn't have gotten so angry, but I just seemed to have grown very overprotective over you as if you were my own." He smiled before, the car stopped.

"Where are we anyways?"

"Meeting an old friend." Natasha smiled before exiting the vehicle and Steve did the same, I simply shrugged my shoulder before exiting the vehicle as well and slamming the door shut behind me as we walked up to a house. Steve walks up to the door and knocks on the front door. Surprisingly Sam opens the door with a surprised look on his face.

"Hey, man."

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low."

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us."

"Yup, and it's not the least bit pleasant." I muttered. Sam pauses a moment before replying.

"Not everyone." Sam let's us enter. Later as Steve and Natasha are cleaning up, Steve notices Natasha looking sad and thoughtful. It was weird seeing Natasha this way so I just wondered around not really knowing what to do on my lonesome. I teleported to the roof of Sam's house and looked to the sky out of boredom. Only yesterday could I remember fighting off the Chitauri and my dad, The Avengers were heroes and not being hunted down by SHIELD which is really HYDRA. Man, did I miss those simple days. I began to grow sad thinking of my dad, a memory I hadn't thought of in a while. I tried to shake my head and think of something else to take my mind off, but nothing was working.

"stop.." I muttered, as I raised my hands to my head. Trying to force myself to forget this horrid memory, one that had haunted my dreams and nightmares, one of the reasons I left Asgard was because of these nightmares. Asgard reminded me so much of him I had to leave and thank god, that Steve was able to take me under his wing. "Stop.." I spoke louder as I shut my eyes.

I could feel some sort of odd sensation grow within my mind, it began to burn. I winced at the pain before it all suddenly stopped, the pain, the memories. I smiled for a moment before they all came back, harder than ever, I screamed in pain, birds flying away from the sound. The pain had accelerated and it felt like I was burning inside and out. I then opened my eyes to see my skin turn to a dark blue with some sort of writing or pattern on my blue skin, I tried to rub it off, but it didn't work which just made me panic even more. "STOP!" then I shut my eyes and opened them to see my skin back to normal colour, I then teleported back inside and locked myself in a empty room, I didn't really want to talk to anyone so I thought this would be the best option.

I could hear someone beginning to walk over to the room I was staying in, but I used my telekinesis to quickly shut the door closed and locked it. I could hear someone knocking, but I walked over to the closet inside the room and closed myself inside, wanting to be completely alone, wondering what just happened to me and why this was happening. It's not like I could ask Uncle, but he is just the person I need to talk to right now, but... I haven't seen him since I was dropped off back on Mid- Earth. I closed my eyes tuning out everything around me, as I curled into a ball, slowly drifting off to a dreamless sleep.

---

"So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked as I sat at the table beside him, I had just been awoken so my hair was slightly messy. Sorry, I lied, I absolutely looked like I just got out of the loony bin, not my best day I suppose?

"The answer is. you don't." Sam drops a file in front of Steve and I.

"What's this?" I asked, sitting up straight. I used my magic to conjure up a hairbrush and then used my telekinesis to brush my hair out. Sam looked at me, astounded, Steve noticed and waved the brush away. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the brush from mid-air and brushed my hair normally. Steve didn't even need to say it, I already knew what he meant by his wavy hand things.

"Call it a resume." Natasha picks up a photo of Sam, I look over to see him with his para-rescue team.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you." Natasha then turned to look at the both of us. "Why didn't either of you say he was a para-rescue." She spoke looking at more pictures.

"Is this Riley?"

"Yes."

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Natasha spoke, not looking up from the papers she was reading, her red hair covering her face.

"No. These." Sam hands Steve a file, Steve opens it and begins to read it.

"Didn't you say you were a pilot or something?" I asked looking over Steve's shoulder at the file Sam had given him.

"Never said pilot." He smiled.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." Steve frowned.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." He smiled.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." Steve looks at Natasha who shrugs her shoulders, and I give him a thumbs up, before I stood up and stretched.

"Shouldn't be a problem, Falcon " I spoke as I stretched out my hands, cracking my knuckles. Steve throws down the file on the table, as we all stand up, preparing ourselves for what's coming next.