Chapter 6: The Winter's Ball pt. 3

Burr's POV

    I knocked on the Schuyler door. I knew tonight would definitely be interesting. I'd known (Y/N) for longer than she believes. Maybe she doesn't remember? It's a shame, she forgot our first kiss. I chuckle quietly at the thought of it as the door opens. (Y/N) stands there.

    "Good evening, Mr. Burr," She says as I kiss her hand.

    "It is indeed a good evening, Ms. Schuyler. Are you ready to go?"

    "I am. Shall we?"

     I smile, "We shall."

    I take her arm and escort her outside. She's a very beautiful woman, very intelligent as well. I can't help but glance at her dress and makeup. If only more women could be like her. I hope I come home from war to see her again.

                              Y/N's POV

    The walk to the ball was mostly silent besides the occasional compliment and flirt. I could tell he had a lot on his mind. Possibly he was hiding something, I couldn't tell.

    After about ten minutes, we reached the ballroom. Burr turned to smile at me.

    "Would you like to dance, Miss Schuyler?"

    I smirk, "Burr, you can call me (Y/N)."

    "Then you can call me Aaron if you wish."

     "Alright, Aaron. I would love to dance with you."

    He smiles and gently pulls me out to the dance floor. I feel my cheeks warm up and before I know it we're slowly waltzing with the other couples.

    "(Y/N)?"

    "Yes?"

    "I must confess, I haven't been completely honest with you."

    I feel my heart sink, "What are you talking about, Burr?"

    "I'm... I'm going off to the war.."

    I meet his glance, "Burr..."

    "I'm so sorry, (Y/N)."

    I look down and we stop dancing. Burr places two fingers on my chin and tilts my head up, forcing me to look at him.

    "I'm going to be okay, (Y/N). You have nothing to worry about."

    He gently pecks me on the lips, I feel my cheeks heat up even more.

    "I promise I'll stay safe, (Y/N)."

    "Thank you, Aaron."

    We share a quick kiss and then dance the night away.

Sorry this chapter was a bit shorter >~<
I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.