Chapter 7: The Unwanted Visitor

So many new views! AHHH!!!!!
Thank you guys so much!

As the rest of November rolled past, Burr and I kept in close correspondence. I've written him a letter almost every day. I also receive letters from him every day.

    As the snow completely covered the ground and the air grew colder, more British soldiers occupied upstate New York and, under the Quartering Act, we housed several. I didn't agree with it but I wouldn't risk my life to protest entertaining guests.

    I eventually fell ill with the cold and was confined to my room. Burr and Jade visited me twice, I regrettably couldn't get up and greet them but I was grateful they came. Eventually, I recovered and fell asleep but little did I know it was the worst day to do so.

                        Angelica's POV

    Before I knew what was happening, we were rushing upstairs and to the safe room. We had spotted a British soldier approaching swiftly. Father led us all into the safe room and locked the door. As I heard the front door open, a wave of realization hit me.

    "We forgot (Y/N)..."

                          (Y/N)'s POV

    I hear the front door open. Something isn't right. One, we weren't expecting any visitors today and two, I cannot hear James greet this unexpected visitor. Something's wrong. I quickly grab some form of defense, being a candlestick, and quietly hide in the closet.

    I hear footsteps, a single pair. I can hear them on the stairs. My heart stops as I hear the door creak open. As the footsteps grow closer, they sound like boots, possibly soldiers. I can't tell and I'm not brave enough to check, the boots stop at the closet door. No.. This can't be how it ends.. I raise my candlestick, ready to attack the invader. The door slowly squeaks open...

A soldier stands there, a bit on the taller side with short brownish- red hair and a bit muscular. I'm not one to insult appearance but if someone was to say his face was similar to a rat's, I wouldn't disagree.

    I can't move. He begins speaking, "Miss?"

    "S-Sorry.. I wasn't expecting company."

    He smiles. It's more of a cold, emotionless grin, "Should I have announced my arrival?"

    I nod nervously, he forcefully takes my hand and leads me downstairs. I, thankfully, don't trip.

    "Do you by any chance have some food you could cook for me? We've been marching for several days now and I've been starving."

I would have refused the man but knowing the Quartering Act forces me to serve him. "Of course, Mister?"

"Charle. Charle Officier. (Don't judge! I'm not creative uwu) You are?"

"(Y/N)... Rosenberg." Thinking ahead, I decided not to use my true last name. I hate using that name. It's a name that died with a drunken man at the bottom of the Atlantic.

    "Beautiful name. Run along, now."

    I mentally scoff at him. How dare he tell me to run along. I walk to the kitchen and warm up some leftover soup.

    "By the way, Ms. Rosenberg, have you heard about our king's contract? It'll allow us to marry any woman we like as long as she is unmarried herself."

================================Alrighty.. Just a quick note to spoopymemechiild

1. I'm having some technical difficulties rn and can't respond to messages on my wall so forgive meeee plzzzzz...
2. To answer your question.. Mmmmmaybeeeee?......

And to everybody: Sorry this took so long to publishhhhhh... UwU

Life, out!