Chapter 23: The Schuyler Dinner (+ part 1 of the Q&A)

Welcome to the chapter! I'm going to start with the Q&A from last chapter! Onto the questions!

@samiecornandpeggy -

Q: What was your first book?

A: On Wattpad, this book you're reading is the first book I've written! (Unless you count the little stories I wrote in kindergarten copying every Disney movie I had ever seen 😂)

@OkiWrites123 -

Q: What inspired this story?

A: Some friends of mine and I roleplay in our free time and one of my OCs is dating Aaron Burr. One of my roleplay friends got me hooked onto Wattpad and I began to write about the RP, replacing my OC as (Y/N)! Fun fact: some of the characters like Jade, James, and Rose are my friends' OCs!

Q: What is your favorite animal?

A: Oof, hitting me with the hard questions. I really like dogs and gerbils, they are so freaking cute!

/\

Dad pinched the bridge of his nose. I felt myself quivering in the chair, holding my stomach. I looked down.

"I am so sorry, daddy. I didn't want it to happen. I wasn't even conscious, please forgive me."

I felt tears running down my cheeks as Eliza and Angie gave me a hug. To my surprise, father came over and hugged me.

    "Hey.. No matter who the father is, I'll still love this baby as my grandchild, (Y/N)."

    I smiled and hugged him back. "Thanks father."

                 About two weeks later. . .

    I sat by the window, reading a book. I looked down, I was beginning to show my pregnancy more now. Alex got sent home for the duel, Washington's orders. He told me that Lee got shot in the side by Laurens, good for him! Lee deserved it.

    Alex and Eliza were snuggling on the sofa, Alex occasionally put a hand on her stomach lovingly. Turns out that Eliza was pregnant as well. She's a bit further along than I am. They're talking about names but dad is almost 100 percent sure that they're going to name the baby after him.

    The door opened, I looked up and saw Aaron standing in the doorway. He looked at me with a mixture of relief and happiness.

    "Aaron Burr, I think I'm dreaming.. Are you really here? My eyes are deceiving me..."

    "I'm right here, (Y/N).

    I ran over and hugged him. "Oh, my God.. I thought you weren't coming back. I feared the worst."

    He put two fingers on my chin and tilted my head up to look at him. "No matter what happens,

    Father walked in the sitting room and cleared his throat, interrupting the reunion. "Since you're all here, how about you stay for dinner?"

I looked back at Aaron. "Is that alright?"

"Of course, love." My eyes may have deceived me but I swear, I saw him glance at Alex with a glare on his face.

Everyone sat down as some chefs and maids servants brought dishes to the table. The smell of the spices and salt wafting off of the meat was heavenly. I smiled knowing the whole family was together.

I then noticed how imperfect the setting was. Hamilton and Burr were shooting death glares at each other. I quietly kicked Burr's foot. He jumped and turned to me.