Chapter Sixteen: Your Seaweed Brain, My Wise Girl

Chaos felt his eyes widen. It wasn't... but she had... He didn't acknowledge the thoughts raging through his mind. It could well be a coincidence that she answered to the same name as before. Annabeth still seemed to be studying him because her head was still tilted slightly. "Do I know you? You seem... familiar."

"I'm--"

Chaos was cut off when another person shouted, "Hey, Percy! What're you doing here?" He turned towards them to see Liam jogging over, James walking a few steps behind. As they got over to the two, Liam continued talking, "None of us were expecting to see you again for a bit."

"Hi, Liam, James," Chaos smiled, nodding his head in greeting. "I just stopped in for a moment. This is Annabeth. She just got to Haven..."

"Today," Annabeth supplied. She seemed to be studying the two rather than Chaos now. "Although I didn't know until just now that this place was called Haven."

"Hey, Perce, wasn't your supposed girlfriend named Annabeth?" James suddenly asked, looking over at Chaos, who frowned at him.

"One, there is no supposed about it. Two, yes, her name is Annabeth. Three, I'm so getting you for that later."

"Oh, I'm so scared," James mocked, holding his hands up in mock terror. Since they could never really make out his facial expression, he tended to use a lot of exaggerated hand gestures.

"We're dating?" Annabeth asked. Her attention was suddenly quite focused on Chaos again.

He looked to the side nervously. "Uh, yes and no? Before I died... and then became Chaos... and then you died... we were dating. Then all that happened, and here we are! Hehe..." He trailed off at the end, even more nervous than he had been before he started talking.

Annabeth laughed. "You're a bit of a Seaweed Brain, aren't you?"

"Always," Chaos answered, shocked beyond being shocked at this point. "But I've always been your Seaweed Brain."

"Oh? And what have I always been?" Annabeth sounded curious, but Chaos knew to choose his words carefully. There was an undertone of warning, like she was going along with this but only for now.

Chaos chose the only answer he could give in that moment. "My Wise Girl."

Out of the corner of his eye, Chaos noticed Liam nudge James and whisper, "We should let them talk." The two quickly made excuses and walked away, although not before Liam grinned broadly at Chaos and made a not-so-discreet thumbs up.

Once the two were gone, Annabeth said, "I think I can live with that... eventually." She held her hand out. "Hi, there. My name's Annabeth. How about we get to know each other?"

Chaos took her hand, smiling as he shook it. "Percy, and I would love to. I know a good coffee shop, if you're interested."