That Summer; Chapter 17

Charlie's POV:

The weeks went by as I kept recovering from my relapse. I found my self dancing a lot after the nightmares, nathan would sit on the floor and just watch me. I loved it when a slow song came on because then he would get up and slow dance with me. It was now the beginning of august and I had only a month left with nathan, a month left to decide my life's career plan, to decide my fate. I actually hadn't thought about it much until niall brought it up, "so do you think you'll go on tour with nathan and the others at the end of the month?" he said pouring us a bowl of cereal each, the tired irish boy had just woken up and invited me over for brunch. Nathan was now used to the idea of one of my best mates being niall horan and he knew very well nothing could change that. I took a spoon full of cereal "hmm..I haven't actually thought about it until now, it's a tough decision, why?" he fummbled around with his food, "uhh well if for any reason you don't...you should come with us." I almost choked on my food "haha what? I didn't even know you guys dance.." he laughed shyly "haha we don't, I just mean that you should come with us, like on tour, be our little mascott, yeah?" I laughed at the thought of me and one direction touring together but I agreed to it, he smiled big "ok then i'll reserve a place for you and you can join us anytime you want love" I smiled, "thanks you're the best! but with all joking aside, I think I really wanna do it, go on tour with them." he leaned on the counter next to me, "what's stoppin ya?" he asked tilting his head a little to the left curiously. I thought about it, nathan has tought me to stop using excuses for not wanting to do something and come up with actual reasons, if nothing comes up, than do it. "my mom" Niall nodded his head, he knew all about my mom, "whatever this fear of your mom is, I don't want to be rude or disrespectful, but you have to get over it! she can't do anything to you, it's you that's stopping yourself." I thought about what he said and it was true, I should follow my dreams.The door knocked "that must be nathan!" I smiled happily and ran to open the door, my guess was right, I didn't wake him up that morning since the boys all went drinking last night so I left him a note as to where I would be and to pick me up when he wakes up so that, him, kelsey, tom, and I could go shopping. "morning!" I said kissing his cheek, "morning" he said tiredly and kissing me back. Niall came to the door to say good bye "chat me up later, yeah?" he said giving me smile instead of the usual hug, I loved that about niall, he knew that nathan stil wasn't fully comfortable with us being so close so he kept his distance, "morning mate, how you been?" he said giving nathan a cool handshake, "pretty good and you?" nathan said smiling "not too bad" niall smiled back. Nathan put his arm around my waist, "thanks for treating her to breakfast, I owe you one!" he winked as we walked downstairs to the car "ooh, winking at nialler? bromance?!" he laughed a little, "nahh just figured I should be nice to my girlfriends bestfriend" I rolled my eyes and got into the back seat of the car next to kelsey, I hugged her and we chatted in the back all about what's been going on. 

Nathan's POV: 

We got to the stores and shopped around a little, of course soon enough there was a small crowd following us everywhere we went. Tom looked over at me and then back at the crowd of people following us, a little worried he said "they seem off...don't you think?" I looked at him confused, and laughed "you're paranoid" kelsey had just come up to us, "tom, i'm done should we go?" Tom looked over at me for confirmation and I nodded, "yeah let me just find charlie" I walked through the crowd and found her in line to buy her clothes, I stood next to her "ready love?" she smiled up at me, "yup! just gotta pay for this, we're leaving?" I nodded my head, turning and noticing what tom had said before, they did look a little off, kind of mad even. I saw a jewlery store across the store we were in, I had an idea, "i'll be back ok love?" she smiled and said ok as she handed her clothes to the cashier. I walked into the store and looked at the watches, charlie has been wearing long sleaved shirts to cover her scar, but she shouldn't have to hide it with that. I found something perfect for her, something she could wear with anything, I bought her a silver coach watch with changable straps, a bought her 5 different colors I hoped she'd like. I felt very proud and couldn't wait to see her eyes light up at the thought of me even buying her anything. I turned around and watched as charlie made her way through the crowd, she had the biggest smile on her face, watching her smile made me smile. I started to walk out of the store and walk towards her, it quickly changed into a bolt as a couple girls grabbed her and threw her to the ground, they stommped on her like there was no tomorrow, I ran even faster trying to get past the swarm of girls, I wasn't gonna sit by again as she got hurt, I shoved everyone in my way until I got her, she was in fetal position trying to cover her head, I picked her up by the arm and she had no emotion in her face as we made our way to the car. I quickly told tom to drive to the hospital, I repeatedly asked if she was ok but no responce. She just staired out the window, her mind was else where. The doctor inspected her, she had a concussion, and instructed me to try to keep her awake, and if she goes to sleep to wake her up every 2-4 hours. I asked, "why isn't she speaking?" the doctor looked at me at me as if I was stupid," well she got attacked by a bunch of crazy girls for dating you, I think i'd be a little traumitized too" he said walking away shaking his head. I grabbed charlies things and walked into the room she was sitting in, I looked at her sitting on the examination table, she had a bruises all over her arms and legs and a big one by her cheek, and a cut on the side of her lip. I walked over slowly and held her hand, "lets go home" i whispered. She nodded her head and hopped off the table, as we walked out there were photographers everywhere, charlie still looked in a daze as I opened the car door for her, we drove home in silence once again. 

Charlies POV:

If there was anything stopping me from going on tour with them now, it was that. That was so terrifying, just feeling the pain of every aching blow around my head. All for what? dating nathan sykes? I just didn't know what to say to that. I know he felt bad, I could see it in his eyes, but I still didn't know what to say. I quietly went up to my room and he followed, I changed into shorts and a tshirt and sat on the bed knowing nathan would stay with me, I kind of just stared at the walls, waiting for him to speak, thankfully he finally did, "i'm so sorry...I-i don't know why that happened.." he said kissing my hand. I closed my eyes, "I know you don't want to speak, but just listen, please?" he turned and watched as he got out a box, "if I hadn't gone to buy you this it wouldn't have happened. so far that i'm so sorry." I still stared, wondering what it was that got my ass kicked, I stared at the box as if it would magically open but it didn't, I finally understood what he was trying to do, "what is it.." I said, I even felt like a robot when I spoke but nathan looked passed that and smiled just becuse he got me to speak, "well" he said gently taking the wrist that has been scared, I tried to pull away not wanting him to look but he gently held on tighter and he opened the box with the other hand and slipped on the coach watch, I watched as he kissed my wrist, "no need to hide anything love, everyone loves you just the way you are" I smiled and whiped away a tear that was about to fall out of my eyes, " I actually bought something for you too.." he looked a little surprised as I got up and got my crumbled up bag from the day, I took out the t-shirt I had bought him, it had the word coke printed across the chest, he quickly kissed me and pulled me into his lap, "it's perfect, I love it" I smiled, I was glad I made him happy, but in the back of my mind,  my feelings about everything were starting to waver..