That Summer; Chapter 20

Nathan's POV:

There were 5 days left until we left and still no answer from charlie, I want to ask for her answer but I always get scared that she'll say no...I walked into her room finally ready to ask. I knew I was falling for her, who wouldn't? she's perfect in every way. I want her to come on tour with us so before I fall any deeper I think it would be great to know her answer, I swung the door open and saw that she was zipping up her luggage, "going somewhere?" I questioned. She looked up a little surprised like she had been caught doing something illegal, "uhm..yeah actually" I looked down at my feet as she went and sat on the bed, the end was coming and I couldn't bear it. "where...where are you going?" she crossed her legs and leaned back on the bed, she seamed very calm about all of this, maybe it didn't mean much to her after all. "back to the states for a bit, I have things to take care of" I held my breath waiting for her to answer the next question, "will you come back?" she paused, "I don't know." she stood up and started carrying her luggage down stairs, I dragged my feet following her down, the others weren't home they went out for drinks. She turned to me and smiled, "i'm leaving in about half an hour so let me leave you with a smile yeah?" At that moment I got a little angry, I didn't know where she was going, why, for how long, or if she's even coming back and she expects me to smile for her?! I didn't believe it. I looked into her eyes and saw the utter most sincerity, I sighed and leaned in so our forheads touched, her eyes fluttered closed and I whispered, "I love you" I didn't know if I was saying it because I might not get another chance to or because I thought I was going to lose her, or maybe the moment just felt right but I did. I kissed her soft lips so gently but desperately, she felt it too as she leaned her whole body onto mine. I pushed her up against the wall, absolutely no space possible between us until we both let go, needing to breathe. she gave me small kisses from my neck to my face, "I love you too" she whispered. I held her waist and gently pushed her face into the crook of my neck. I kissed the top of her head knowing now that she was all mine no matter what happened. I would wait for her. 

Charlies POV:

My taxi came and picked me up, it was even harder to let go of nathan than I thought it would be but I managed to peal myself off him remembering I had a flight to catch. Of course paparazzi  found out I was leaving and they followed closely behind me in the airport asking lots of questions. I listened to my ipod during the flight and when I finally reached the airport there were more papz surrounding my pour aunt as well, I swiftly hugged her and grabbed her arm leading us out of the airport and it's her car, "well my 15 minutes of fame was fun!" she beamed I giggled and gave her another tight hug "I missed you" I said. She kissed my cheek and smiled "I missed you to hun the house has been pretty empty without you" I smirked "I know i'm the life of the party" she rolled her eyes and started the car. On our way home I told her all the stories about my summer and she was very enthusiastic and happy for me, she asked me to answer all the gossip rumors, there was one that I was pregnant with toms baby!? ugh people are weird. We talked about my little beating and how she saw my twitcam, she was very proud of me. I didn't tell her about how I cut myself, I couldn't, I didn't want to see the color on her face just drown away. I was thankful for Nathan's gift then. As we pulled up the drive way, she turned off her car and sighed, we were both smiling and content with the long conversation we had but I could tell that there was something still lingering in her mind, "whats up?" I finally said, I knew what she was going to ask and I kept repeating the answer in my head but I still didn't know what to say when she asked, "what are you really doing here babe? The boys tour starts in less than a week, does this mean your staying or?" I shook my head, "no, I just...I  want to spend some time with you before things change and I want to say good bye to everyone, you know?" she nodded her head understanding. Technically I didn't lie, I just had some things to take care of. Over the next couple days I hung out with my aunt for the most part and I took long walks just thinking about stuff. I woke up with only today left and the boys tour started tomorrow. I quickly got up and got ready for the day. I put on shorts with studs covering the right side, I matched it with a plain white tank top with a cheetah print scarf over it and some flip flops. My aunt had already left for work so I picked up my cell and left the house, I first walked towards a flower shop and picked up a bouquet of white lilly flowers. I took a deep breath as I got into the taxi and told the drive where to go. It had been a very long time since I thought about either of my parents but I felt like this was it, this was the last thing I had to do before I can move on with anything in my life.