-8-

I walked slightly behind my parents as they walked hand in hand into the ball. I loved watching my parents dominate any space together as the strong power couple they are. If I ever married I would want something like that as well. My father may overwork himself and my mother may over control everything, but they suited one another and loved each other from the very moment they met one another right till the very last breaths they will take on this Earth.

I scanned the crowd of people and looked for my date, but it seems as if he had found me before I had a chance, because in seconds he was beside me.

"Hello, Alexandria." He bowed while taking my hand and placing a small kiss on my knuckle.

"H-Hi Micheal." I stuttered while bringing my hand back closer to my body.

I took this moment to take in what he has worn to the ball. I had told him my colors, and his tie matched it perfectly. He had on a black suit to match and his hair was surprisingly blonde and short on the top. Honestly, he looked very attractive and any girl would be lucky to be here with him.

"You look... literally breathtaking." He took a step back and took in my appearance. 

"Thank you," I replied with a shy smile while taking a step towards him. "I love the platinum blonde on you."

A bright smile grew from the compliment, "I was really nervous during the whole process, but you just made it all worth it. Thank you"

 Thank you"

My mom chose this moment to cut into our conversation and held out her hand to shake his softly nudging me to the side."So this is the famous Micheal. How are you I am Alexandria's mother." 

My father made his presence apparent as well, " I am her Very. Protective. Father. How do you do?"

Micheal took this like a champ and introduced himself like a proper gentleman. My father seemed to be very stern with him, while my mother seemed to like him. After our greetings, we move towards our table Micheal in tow. He really was a nice person and I can see us being pretty close friends in the future.

"Wow sweetie he's a great choice." My mother mumbled to me.

"I guess he'd be an okay friend. " I mumbled back.

My mother gave me a small look, and I returned it with confusion. Deep down I knew what she meant. She was confused as to why I had never brought anyone home or showed interest in anyone male or female. I come from a very loving home so even if I loved females they would be okay. As long as they knew that I liked people and that I wouldn't be alone for the rest of my life.

I'm okay with being alone, don't get me wrong, but that's not the case. I actually want to be with someone eventually. I want to fall in love and maybe have a small family of my own. I just haven't found someone that makes me feel anything. I'm not naive I know that 'love at first sight' and that feeling of finding 'The One' is an unrealistic dream. All I know now is that I want more than a common high school thing. It also helps that I rather reading my books then stressing myself over when a boy will "Finally Notice me"