Prologue

Haeza felt as though her heartbeat was in sync with the steady tapping of rain on the castle walls. The coffin in the room accentuated the dank atmosphere making it difficult for her to inhale freely. "May the king and queen rest in peace." Haeza stood silently as the coffin was closed and carried off by a couple of guards to the royal underground grave. Haeza remained in the room as the crowd slowly left the room. She noticed that it was only herself, her older brother Xander, and the royal advisor Marriot who hadn't left the room. Marriot turned and steadied his eyes on both Haeza and Xander.

"You both understand what this means. Xander, I've already sent the preparatory guidance to your room. Tomorrow is an important day." Xander gave Marriot a curt nod. Marriot returned a small smile and left the room. Haeza felt her stomach drop as a cruel smile encompassed her older brother's face. He ran his fingers through his blonde hair, chuckling to himself.

"Don't worry, Heezie, I'll make sure to it that you get the grandest maid's room in the highest tower of the castle. Your best luck to have the greatest brother in the world!" He touched her chin lightly and suddenly dug his fingers into her jaw. "The greatest brother to you only if you don't give me any trouble." Haeza winced at the pain, prying his fingers off her. Xander finally let go of her face. She placed a hand on her aching jaw and looked up into the eyes of her brother.

"You belong in the flames of eternal damnation, you skamelar bastard-" She felt a hard slap on her right cheek and a surge of intense heat a second after. Xander then leaned in and kissed the area he'd just slapped.

"I hope that didn't hurt too bad. You are my sister, after all." With that, he left the room leaving Haeza alone to herself and her distraught thoughts. She dropped to her knees and felt the tears drip down her face. Even she had no way of telling what would become of the kingdom of Eanineathage.