Chapter 26

"S-Sayaka?" Yuuki blinked. She stepped forward, closer to the unmoving shadow of Sayaka. Suddenly it lunged, a dark sword materialising in its hands and slashing wildly at Yuuki, and yet, with deadly accuracy.

With a cry of pain, Yuuki fell back, clutching her wounded shoulder, holding her scythe up in a defensive position.

'Sayaka, please! I don't want to fight you!" She cried out. The shadowy form of Sayaka didn't react, still marching forward, cutting the air, slashing at Yuuki. Yuuki flinched again, as the blade scored her right cheek, a shallow but long cut forming, on her cheek.

"Sayaka, please!" Yuuki cried. As she spoke, more darkness errupted out of her, morphing into a crouching figure, and another arching in pain. Both of them were her.

The other shadow figures marched forward, behind Sayaka, nothing on them except their black shapes and outlines. They all stood, staring at each other for a split second, until they all came charging upon Yuuki.

In terror, Yuuki slashed and hacked away wildly among the mob of shadows. She could feel cuts lacquering her body, slashes to her chest, stabs to her legs. Uttering a final scream, she whirled in a circle, her scythe flying in a giant arc, cutting all the figures in half, as they dissolved into nothing. Whimpering in fear and pain, she crouched onto the ground, falling to her knees, sobbing. She was unaware, until the shadow of Cecilia was cast over her. Looking up emptily, she saw the glittering golden eyes, full of menace, as the mouth opened, its fangs lunging down to bite.

Kirika stopped for a second, panting heavily. Albertine's screeches of frustration could still be heard, from where she was struggling. Kirika glared at her, sending more magic to tangle her. As soon as Kirika had woven the magic around Albertine, she felt that magic disappear immediately. Surprised, Kirika sensed a sudden change in Ophelia.

Whirling around, Kirika saw Ophelia. Her candlehead glowed much brighter, and her mount had grown larger, as well as the wudên witch.

Ophelia roared, the roar shaking the ground, jostling Homura uncomfortably. She was almost finished, Homura knew, staring down at the purple diamond. It's purple rays of light only weaved its ways in exhausted streams through her soul gem. Very soon, she would be joining Ophelia, and Albertine. It was funny, how they used to fight, but now, they were the same, they would be together, fighting side by side. Homura's head lolled back, as she collapsed into darkness, exhausted.

Oriko inched her way towards Homura's still body. It hadn't been hard to find her way through the fog, closer to Kirika and Ophelia, considering the battle cries and shouts. Now, all she could do was protect Homura, while Kirika fought Ophelia. She had faith in Kirika, that she could finish off Opheline, so they could get out.

Sitting cross-legged next to Homura's still form, she watched the battle closely. Albertine had stopped struggling, and only seemed to be observing the battle. Oriko didn't know if Kirika's magic had trapped it, or if, for some reason, Albertine didn't want to involve herself with the battle. Whenever Kirika stopped, resting, and no longer using magic, Albertine darted forward, causing Kirika to send more magic at her, to entangle her.

"What's going on in there?" Kyubey asked, peering at the screen, next to Lyubey.

"I don't know," Lyubey replied worriedly, "It seems as though Albertine is making Kirika send magic to her, but rather than the magic tangling her, she's absorbing it. I don't know why they would want all that magic, they have no use for it, unless they want to destroy Kirika with all that magic, but that is unreasonable, seeing as they can destroy Kirika without having to go to all that extra effort."

Jyuubey, on the other side of the white room pricked his ears. Standing up, he padded over to Lyubey and Kyubey.

"How close are they to the barrier?" He demanded. Lyubey looked up in surprise. Checking the screen in front of her, she reported.

"They aren't too far from the barrier, seeing as the battle started right next to it-" Kyubey interrupted her words.

"Jyuubey, you don't think they're actually going to try, do you?" Jyuybey nodded in response.

"I do, and there is a chance that they may succeed."

"Succeed in what?" Lyubey was still confused, sitting in between the two of them. Looking back down at the screen, realisation slowly dawned on her face.

"Oh..."

"We have to stop them." Kyubey stated. Jyuubey and Lyubey nodded quickly in response.

"Lyubey, get the two witch merges together now." Jyuubey ordered. Lyubey nodded, scampering off. As he reached her control panel, she paused, looking down.

"Jyuubey, there's a slight problem."

"What?" Jyuubey inquired.

"There are magical girls in the witch merge." Jyuubey sighed.

"I don't really care, just get the witch merges together. I don't care about the magical girls."