✰ EIGHTEEN - DIVINE INTERVENTION ✰

" i've got my mind made up this time "

FATE intervened in the pizzeria. It was almost like someone from on high had heard the prayers that had run through her mind as Rebekah had left her to go and say goodbye to Elijah and Hayley. She didn't want to leave New Orleans, she wanted to stay, she wanted someone to give her a reason to let Rebekah go.

And that someone walked into the pizzeria just as Lena took hold of the two boxes of large pizza that she had ordered (mostly for herself). She spun around to see a pretty blonde standing by the door. Her hair curled over her shoulders and there was a beauty mark under her hazel eyes.

"Sorry, can I pass please?" Lena asked. She was going to go and visit Davina, which was why she had decided on two large pizzas. Normally if she was just eating them herself it would be a large pizza and a medium sized pizza, but Davina would probably want some of the Hawaiian.

"You're the Ricci girl?" Lena froze on the spot, eyes widening at the girl standing at the door.

"I'm sorry, what?" but it was obvious from the tightness in Lena's voice that she had heard exactly what the blonde had said.

"You're a Ricci!"

"Okay shh!" Lena hissed, eyes darting around the empty pizzeria. She motioned to go outside with her head and the woman held open the door for her to pass through. As soon as the door fell shut she spun back around, eyes wide. "Who are you and how do you know who I am?"

"I'm Carlotta. Carlotta Luzzatto." Lena almost dropped her pizza. Almost. There was no way she would actually drop it, she had been craving it all day. "You're the last Ricci witch."

"If you're going to kill me can you at least wait until I've had my pizza? I did just pay for it after all!"

"I'm not going to kill you!" laughed out Carlotta. She had begun to walk away and it was obvious from the way she looked at Lena over her shoulder that she wanted the smaller witch to follow her through the streets of New Orleans. So she did. Carlotta had a very strong Italian accent. "Sure, if it had been, like, twenty-odd years ago then yeah I totally would be trying to kill you! But my family have learnt the error of our ways!"

Lena blinked in surprise, she wasn't sure what to say. She had just spent twenty two years running from the Luzzatto family for absolutely no reason whatsoever because they weren't trying to kill her at all. "Okay, so you're telling me that I have been running for twenty two years for nothing?"

"Uh yeah! See we've always known about the prophecy - you know the one I'm talking about right? - yeah well we didn't want it coming true because we're a very stubborn family, we always want to be the best, so we thought if there's no more Ricci's, one can't lead us all. And then we heard about the baby - you definitely know about the Mikaelson baby, you've been hanging around the Mikaelson's since you got here, I've been watching you - and my zia Seraphina had a vision about the baby. Apparently there's a lot of darkness shrouding her so we all believe that she's going to bring the thing that we all have to fight against."