✰ THIRTY SEVEN - FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL ✰

" they can break our hearts, they won't take our souls "

ELIJAH was a freaking idiot in Lena's mind. Blowing up a very beautiful house in order to save Hope, although very heroic, was very dumb. What if it had backfired and she had died in the blast. Lena couldn't wait to give him a piece of her mind. But he wasn't here yet, and so she would have to make do with helping Hayley pick out a dress for the wedding tonight.

Lena was upset that the hybrid wasn't getting to wear a white dress but they didn't have time to go and find her a new one, so they had to make do with the plentiful of dress that Lena had stored away in her closet. Her own dress was hung up on the door that led into the bathroom.

"Alright," sang Rebekah, swinging into the room after getting a phone call from her brother. "Bad news first, I will have to miss your nuptials."

"What?" Lena almost screeched falling off the bed she was perched at the end of. "You can't miss the wedding!"

Rebekah pouted. "Kol has a life-and-death matter he needs help with," she explained. Lena pouted too, pushing herself back on the bed.

"Anything I can do, Rebekah?" asked Hayley. Earlier Lena had had to listen to a particularly nasty argument between Klaus and Hayley after the mother had tired to go after her daughter who they learned was on the road with Cami and Elijah, but Klaus would not allow her. She had to get married today. They had to have that werewolf army.

"It's witch business," shrugged Rebekah, "which now seems to be my thing, and no--" she pointed her finger to Lena who had perked up, "--you are not coming, you have to be Hayley's maid-of-honour." Lena couldn't help but smile at that. Hayley had asked her and Stacey to be her bridesmaids and Rebekah was going to be her Maid-of-Honour, but now that Rebekah couldn't make it, the title fell to the metamorphic witch.

"Besides, you have enough to deal with," Rebekah continued to Hayley. "On that note--" she moved the hand that had been hidden behind the wall, showing them the beautiful white wedding dress she had just bought for the hybrid. "--now it's white, which won't fool anyone, but you can't very well get married in one of Lena's too short dresses and combat boots."

"Hey, my dresses aren't too short!" complained Lena, jumping off the bed to see the dress that Hayley was now fawning over.

"Thank you," she whispered, eyes filled with tears as she moved over to the mirror. "Oh, it's beautiful!"

"I happen to be the only woman alive who's commissioned wedding dresses in five different centuries," joked Rebekah, grinning over at her best friend, who was too busy trying not to cry at the sight of Hayley holding the wedding dress to her body. This was real. "Never made it down the aisle, of course."