Chapter 6: 2nd Child

Early in the morning of April. 12, 2010. My mom and I woke up and I noticed the whole bed was wet, "meh! Naihi ka?", "parang beb!", still I was confused because It doesn't smell bad, "Meh! Bangon ka muna palitan ko lang yung bed sheet", I was removing the bed sheet when my mom goes to the comfort room, "Beb!", she called, "Hindi tumitigil ihi ko!", "Hala meh! Pumutok na ata panubigan mo!", which is the fluid comes from the uterus and she was in Labor.

I called "Tatay" right away and it took a few minutes before they got in our house. Mixed emotions! That was my emotion that time without dad by my side. I prepared everything we need to bring and it was ready. I was even more worried about my mom because one of the woman's weakness is giving birth and we all know that not all mothers never survive. Once you enter the OR(operating room) their life becomes 50/50 and we don't even know if they'll survive.

We reached the place where the Hospital is located at "Nazarenus Hospital".

Good thing! My mom's Pedia "Dra. Rowena" is available that time. A few minutes, half of my "Tabalno" family arrived when they started the operation. Dad already knew about it, and there I am sitting down at the chapel praying to God that it will be a successful operation. After a few hours of praying, by God's grace it was successful operation and me being worried faded away and I feel relieved.

At 1st I thought my mom did the normal delivery but it was CS, a few nurses brought my mom back at the private room and she's still unconscious but I keep on asking about our "bunso" but it's not yet allowed. A few hours later, my brother is now at the "nursery room" the moment I saw Him I was really happy and there's peace in my brother's face.

My brother was small at His month age but He was healthy and behave, I keep on coming back at the "nursery room" to check Him out and to take a few pictures. My mom is already awake that time and she was asking for my brother, she was really tired but she can't wait to see my brother. Another nurse came in to check my mom, so we asked her about my brother, "bulas pa po dadalin dito ma'am", so we waited another day.

Everybody left except me and my lola to keep my mom company because I can't do it alone. I was the one who communicates with my dad because my mom still needs to rest. Evening arrives peacefully and a lot of time the nurse came in to check on my mom's decstrose.

I'm really not used to sleep in a Hospital so I keep on walking out close to our room just to look around, but I really want to see my brother again. Too bad! The curtains already closed because it's already late, so I headed back to the room and looking out for my mom. She's still taking some "pain killers" for her tummy because sometimes it hurts.

I didn't sleep well that night because I'm still worried and too excited of what will happen next.