17

"Tae, I just got out of a relationship. I don't think it's smart for us to get involved in that way." Jimin's words were spoken softly, as if he was afraid of what I would say.

"I know Jimin, I understand perfectly. I agree. It would be bad for the both of us if we did that." I played with his hair with one hand while the other was wrapped around his waist, pulling him to my chest.

"I just want to be with you Tae. I have always been happiest when I'm with you." His words had me feeling so elated with the knowledge that he felt the same way.

"Things don't have to change between us," I said. "You're still my best friend. I love you more than anything. We can just continue to be happy together. No need to rush things or label them. We'll just do what feels right."

Jimin looked at me and smiled. "This feels right," he said as he kissed my neck.

I chucked. "That feels amazing, Jiminie."

He stopped and looked at me. "I don't want this to be some stupid friends with benefits bullshit," he said.

"Of course not, Jiminie. We're not going to be like that. I love you, baby. This isn't about sex or anything like that. We're just giving each other time. All I want is to make you happy, regardless of whether we date or if we do things like that."

"You're amazing Tae. I don't think I tell you that enough. I'm glad I can trust you to love me and take care of me." He puts his head in my chest.

He lifted his head and looked at me again. "Do you think I'm fucked up? Jungkook broke up with me less than a month ago and I already hit on you. I wasn't sober, but I certainly don't regret it. I'm fucked up. I'm such a fucking asshole. I-"

"Jimin, please stop," I interrupted him. "Forget about Jungkook. He sucks. And you're not an asshole or fucked up. Even if you were, who fucking cares? To me you're perfect."

He gave me a small smile. "Fucking shit Tae. You're so whipped for this ass."

I laughed. "You know it, Jiminie. Ask for whatever you want, and it's yours."

He lowered his head. "Sometimes I worry you spoil me too much. You think I'm some perfect person and I know I'm going to disappoint you." He sounded so sad, it made my heart hurt.

"Jimin, I know you're not without flaws. I know you strive to make people be pleased with you. And as much as I think that it's unnecessary, it's who you are. And that's okay. I just want you to know that you don't have to do anything like that with me. I already am beyond pleased with who you are. And don't worry about disappointing me. I love you too much. And maybe it's unhealthy but I don't give a fuck. I'm happy."

"Taehyung, I'm going to marry you one day," Jimin said with a serious face.

I smile at him. "Nothing would make me happier," I said.