Chapter 9: Worry Much?

It's Time.....you knew it was bound to happen, I knew it was bound to happen....Break the Ice is coming to an end 😧. I believe I will have one more chapter then IT.IS.DONEZOS! I actually feel pretty sad about it. But, as soon as this is done, I'm moving on to another story, which I will post about in this story 👍. I hope that I find some of you reading it too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  He didn't come.

   There is 3 more minutes of school left, and Todoroki didn't come. Midoriya was tapping his foot excessively, staring at the clock. His left hand was in his pocket grasping his phone, as soon as the bell rings, he plans on calling him. 'What if something happened to him? He said he would only miss Monday. It's Tuesday! Did Todoroki's father hurt him again?! What if Todoroki's mom didn't want to see Todoroki, and now he feels really sad. Or Worse...he harmed himself!' Midoriya mentally slapped himself,' Todoroki wouldn't go that far...calm down Midoriya, I'm sure he's fine.' Midoriya relaxed himself.

'Ding'

The Bell had finally rung and Midoriya bolted out of the door, as he ran through the halls, he pulled out his phone and dialed Todoroki. Midoriya stopped running when he was outside of his school, he then took a moment to catch his breath before heading towards his house. "Come on Todoroki pick up, pick up..." Midoriya mumbled to himself.

"I'm sorry, but the num--" Midoriya hung up the phone in frustration. "Seriously!" Midoriya shoved his phone back into his pocket,"I hope he's ok...." Midoriya sighed. He would go over to his house and check on him, but Todoroki never gave him his address. Probably because Todoroki wouldn't feel comfortable if his dad was around Midoriya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Midoriya jumped onto his bed landing on his back. He turned on his phone and saw the time. 5:36. "Why won't he answer his phone!" Midoriya shouted, loosing hope, he thought sending 7 messages and calling him 3 times would surely get his attention. Nope.

 "Izuku, honey?" Inko slowly opened Izuku's door," I heard you shout, everything alright?" Inko walked over to Midoriya and sat on the corner of his bed.

  "Im fine..."

   "Boy troubles? Or girl troubles?" Inko said with a sly smile while raising an eyebrow. 

     Midoriya groaned and threw his hands on his face," BOTH!" 

    "Huh?" Inko's smile faded, her lips parted and her eyebrows raised," Tell me all about it!"

     "My friend, whom is a girl, has a crush on me and gets really jealous when I'm around other people and it makes me uncomfortable! Then Todoroki didn't show up today at school, he only said he'd miss Monday, but it's Tuesday! I tried calling him, but he won't answer his phone! I'm really worried mom...." Izuku sat up in his bed, no matter how old he gets, his cheeky and    worry-some personality will never die out. 

 "Hm, that is pretty stressful, but Izuku. Why are you so worried about your friend Todoroki, sure he missed two days but he could just be sick." Inko persisted wrapping a warm arm around Izuku.

 "Maybe.... .but, his dad isn't the nicest person so..."

  "I see."  

   The two sat in silence, but not too long before Izuku's phone started ringing. Midoriya grabbed his phone and looked to see who was calling." TODOROKI!" Midoriya yelped as he fell onto his floor. 

 "Wait..you mean that boy you were ju---.." 

   "Yes, yes, that one mom! Thanks for checking on me, love you!" Midoriya sputtered out, gently pushing his mom out of his room.

"Oh, uh...yeah your welcome!" 

Midoriya shut the door and answered the phone.

"Hello Mid--"

 "TODOROKI ARE YOU OK!? Why weren't you here today?! Did your dad hurt you? How was the talk with your mom? Your not sick are you? How about---" 

 Midoriya stopped rambling when he heard Todoroki's soft chuckle, which he rarely does. Midoriya felt his cheeks warm up. 

  "Im fine Midoriya, my father hasn't been home, and the reason why I wasn't at school was because I stayed up really late visiting my mom. So, when I got home I was really sleepy. That's all."

 Midoriya let out a huge sigh of relief,"Thank goodness.."

"What happened at school? Did I miss anything important?"

  "No not really we just have a festival....festival...TONIGHT!" Midoriya fell off his bed again.

   "Midoriya, are you alright, it sounded like you fell?"

     "Im fine! Todoroki, we have to attend a festival today!"

      "Huh? Why?"

       "Because on Monday, our school helped prepare for it and so we get to go for free as long as we bring our ID's, for proof that we attend UA."

   "Oh, alright."

     "So you'll go!"

    "Sure."

     "Great! It's at the park just a few blocks from UA."

    "Ok, I'll see you there I guess."

      "Yeah...Todoroki I lo--" Midoriya stopped himself, 'Was I just about to say 'I love you' to him?!' Midoriya nervously changed his sentence," I...l-l-look forward...to..it. Yeah!"

  "Ok, bye then." Todoroki hung up, Midoriya sighed in relief, before getting up looking for close to wear for the festival.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stop worrying on what can go Wrong,

And get excited on what can go Right!

Author of Quote: Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty short for a second to last chapter. Ik.

I just thought this would be a good place to stop, so the next chapter can hopefully be long and juicy🥝! Man, this is gonna be sad to end! 😭 Ig I'll see you next chapter! (Which is a sneak peek of my next book) 

Number of Word Bank |915|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~