Chapter Four

I have one day to figure out what the hell is going on in this half-ass town. Time to put on my detectives hat. Where would I find out the most information about this place? I know, the town square, I'm sure over the years they have added things to it, so maybe I'll get a lead there. 

My oh my, there are so many people here, all of them being all lovey-dovey. What really caught my attention was my aunt Elena kissing Stefan. Betrayal and sadness rushing through me. Now I really needed to figure out what was going on and what this new life Elena had created for herself is. 

Apparently it is movie night in the square. Before the movie starts, my aunt being the big mouth that she is talks to everyone, and once she is done talking to her I compel them to tell me what she said, and have them forget they ever saw me. 

 I found out that my aunt was been here since childhood- compulsion, her friends are Caroline Forbes, Bonnie Bennett, and Matt Donovan. Then we get to the good stuff. She has been living here as Elena Gilbert as in founding family Gilbert's, she has been living here with her "aunt" Jenna and her "brother" Jeremy since her parents died in a tragic accident over Whickery Bridge a couple of months ago. Then I found out how she is dating Stefan who is new to town and lives with his brother Damon. Well uncle Damon's here that makes me happy. They came to town a couple of weeks after the car crash, which might be one of the few parts I actually believe.

Now that I've got that I need to go stock her friends, what I got was great, but I need to find the problem here. Thus far I've only heard things that I don't like, not something that is a true problem. 

After the movie, which was a random chick-flick I go into the Mystic Falls Grill. Love the creativity. When I walk in I see Caroline Forbes, the people who I talked to me pointed out who she was. I've heard of the Forbes family before as the vampire hunters of the town. However I will have to suck it up cause she's one of Elena's "friends" and has vital information. I know that she is vampire too, that must go well with her family.  I sit down in front of her, she is already a little drunk so all I have to do is buy her some more drinks and she'll be an open book. She tells me about the drama between Elena and Stefan. Man my aunt is really playing this town I don't even think Stefan knows about her true identity. Anyways Caroline tells me that Elena found out that she was adopted, Elena probably planted it herself. Stefan has a elusive ex, Katherine who he still has a picture of that Elena found making her question why they look so similar. Oh and there is a love triangle thing going on between them and Damon. 

I still don't get the game she is playing. I'm at a cross roads, but I decide to keep snooping other wise my ass is getting hauled to Asia. 

What I find the third time around is astonishing, third times a charm right. I find out that my aunt is not playing any game what-so-ever, she is here because she wants to  be here. Then it clicks, she didn't want me coming here because in her eyes I would screw her perfect life up. Once again I feel betrayed by my own family no less. I mean it's not like this is the first time I've ever felt like this, I mean my my father has given me that feeling plenty of times. However I never thought Elena would do this to me. She is living the life that my mom and I were meant to have. I would have a father who cares, and I would have parents that were together and loved each other. But no Elena took that away from me. 

I feel defeated, yet so angry that I want to make her pay for it. But tonight I don't have the energy left in me.  I only want to cry myself asleep. I tend to think of myself as a strong, confident person, but when my own family betrays me I think I have the right to break and to scream and cry and to just be angry. 

While I would love to go home, I manage to walk to the Salvatore boarding house. Where I find my aunt and Stefan having a make-out session. I watch for a minute from the window thinking about all the rage inside me. 

I walk home, and the second that the door closes my legs give out and I drop to the floor and simply cry. I'm more hurt by the fact that Elena lied to me and told me it was for my safety for me not to come. But it was never about my safety it was about me not ruining her perfect life here. I sat on the floor and cried until someone picked me up off the floor and held me. My mom, she doesn't ask any questions, she just holds me. 

When I manage to calm myself down the questions come.

"Emma, what happened?" She asks in a hush sweet loving tone. 

"She betrayed us." Was all I could muster out. 

"Who betrayed us?"

"Aunt Elena, she told me that I couldn't come here because of safety issues, but she lied, she wanted to forget about us and just live her perfect live here." 

"Emma, what are you talking about?"

"She's dating Stefan, she made up a cover story of having a childhood here. She made the life she wanted here, the life that was meant to be ours. She wanted to forget about us." I start to cry a little bit at the end as I explain what's going on. My mom comes back to me from pacing and holds me again. I feel so safe in her arms, like nothing can hurt me. 

At some point of being held I fell asleep and my mom must have moved me to my bed. As I am waking up, my mom walks into my room with a tray of breakfast. 

"How are you doing? I know it hurts, what Elena did" I know I shouldn't hate seeing my aunt happy, but why does she have to forget about her family in order to be happy.

"I'm better from last night, but the thought still stings. Why is she doing this?"

"She's mad at me. Back in 1864 she wanted to go come to Mystic Falls with me, but I told her no saying that parting ways would be best for the time. When I got here I ended up being happy, really happy. Elena got jealous of me and the happiness I had. She forgave me,  but I guess she still wanted the happiness that I had, so now she trying Mystic Falls out. Seems like she's succeeding too." I know my aunt is not mad at my mom for being happy at one point in her life, but I understand that she wants a taste of the happiness too, but why must it be the life I was meant to have. 

"She is living our life mom, the life that we were meant to have, she stole it from us."

"No darling , she has not. Your father did that long ago." I know she is right, but it still hurts.

"What are we going to do?" I ask knowing she already has a plan. 

"I'm going to make an appearance." 

"And what about me?"

"Elena has decided to go along with the Salvatore theory that I am a horrible person, so lets prove her right and remind her who her family is and what happens to people when they hurt us."

"I like it, it's a good idea. But are you sure it will work?" I'm ninety nine percent sure it will work, but I have to ask. 

"Darling, have I ever let you down?"

"Not recently."

"Then trust me, I promise you will make your appearance at some point, but not right now. 

And with that my mom walks out to get ready for what ever she has planed. A couple of minuets later my mom walks out from her room with a new outfit showing just enough bitchiness. 

"I'm going to go show my face around town, you can join, but only in the backgrounds. We can't have people seeing you just yet." She must be off to cause some trouble.

"Yeah, I'll come, let me change." How else am I supposed to learn how to be a bitch if I don't tag along. 

Alrighty guys, there's chapter 4 for ya. I hope you like it. 

Don't forget to comment, and or vote, but please comment. Tell me what you think;)