Chapter 7: Change

3rd POV

After lying on the rocky, hard ground in the dark corner of the street, Marcus' expression suddenly changes from agony to a blank, no, cold one instead. He gets up and passively walks out of the school and back home, as nothing had just happened.

At home, he goes to his bed and grabs his phone, calling his dance partner, Kim Yerim.
She does answer straight way, it actually takes a whole hour for her to answer but Marcus' face didn't change at all. It is still cold and expressionless.
"What do you freaking want?!" He hears from the other side of the call. It seems like Yerim is still mad for what happened a few hours ago.
"Where are we going to practice our dance?" Marcus asks coldly, sending shivers down Yeri's spine.
"C-come to S-SM" she stutters a bit, surprised with the sudden change from Marcus in a time of 2 hours.
Marcus, with nothing else to say, ends the call.

At SM

Marcus arrives at SM Entertainment building wearing this.

When he arrives at the front, he notices Yeri standing there, so the guards know he's allowed in

"Let's Go!, I don't have that much time to spend with you" He mentions coldly at Yeri who is still surprised at his sudden behavior.

They walk through the building and enter a dance studio where music is coming from.
The door opens to reveal Red Velvet, the 4 other girls Marcus helped the other day.
"Ohh, it's Marcus ssi" exclaims Wendy.
"What's he doing here?" Irene says sternly as Yeri already told her who he really is.
"He's my dance partner. Now Marcus, lets end this fast so you can GO AWAY" she raises her voice a bit on the last two words.

They start looking through some songs until something catches his eye.

Lee Marcus| Begin

So the songs are already out huh,  he thinks why looking at it.
"Lets do this song, Begin"
"Shouldn't we know the lyrics for it though?" Yeri says a little confused.
It IS better if you know the lyrics, so you can sing along while dancing but the song do happens to be written by Marcus himself.
"Are you blind? Look at the artist" he says with no hint of being proud whatsoever.
Yeri look a bit dumbfounded when she realizes that the boy she hates so much that is sitting right next to her, is an idol.
"Actually, forget it. The song isn't the best for a dance like this." Marcus, even though at the state of trauma he is at the moment, being cold to her, still didn't want her to listen to the song he wrote thinking about her, when he was still weak.

They take a few more minutes to choose the song but then when they do, they spend the next few hours working on the dance until it's finished.

Yeri's POV

Why do I feel so comfortable and safe when you hug me? I missed the warmth of your touch, Marc..
WHAT!
What am you thinking?!  Kim Yerim. You hate him. I hate him for everything he's done. Don't I?

Seulgi's POV

"Marcus" I call after him when he's about to leave. He turns around and looks at me with the cold eyes he didn't bear the first time I saw him. But I can't shake the feeling that his eyes have more colour when he looks at anyone other than Yeri.

He looks at me with his eyebrow raised.
"I heard that you are a new idol. I did some research just now, and it seems you are from YG right. More specifically,  from Blackpink?"
He nods a bit to show I'm right.
"W-would y-y-you like to d-d a collab d-dance with me?" I must the courage to speak up my thoughts. I noticed he's an amazing dancer but I wanna know how amazing.
"Sure" he walks out, leaving me relived that he accepted.

Marcus

Ughh, I'm tired. I have so much to do, I have a debut stage that is gonna come up, I have to go to YG to talk about my career and now a collab with Seulgi noona.
And on top of that, act cold at everyone and everything. Especially Yeri.

I'm walking back home when I hear a high-pitched scream coming from nearby, I rush to the direction from where it came, to find myself at a dark, corridor.
There's 3 men and 1 girl standing there, the girl is only on her underwear, and the man laughing while reaching to take the next piece of clothing.
Before they could do that, I punch one in the face, knocking him out cold, while kicking another one on the stomach, sending him into the trash cans.
I give the third a deadly glare while speaking as coldly as I can,
"Get your friends, and GO!"
He doesn't even think about it, as he drags his friends away as fast as he could. Once they are out of sight, I look at the girl. To notice she's already got her clothes back on. My School Uniform.
"Are you okay" I ask her, breaking my cold mask completely with worry.
"Yes, I'm fine thank you" she rushes away after pecking my cheek.

However I did get a glimpse of her embarrassed face...

Somi?