Chapter 9: Heartbreak

Somi's POV

"Can you be my boyfriend?" I ask him, but instant regret surges into me upon seeing the hesitation on his face.

Flash Foward

I'm walking down the street, being mocked by the evil rain which insists to perturb me even after what happened.

Is there another girl?
Am I not good enough?
Why can't I be with you?
What's this sharp pain on my chest, and this bitter taste on my mouth.
Why me?
Why couldn't it someone else, someone who you think might be good enough?

Upon arriving at my house, I shower myself while thinking about what I could've done, something that made him do this to me.

As I change into my pyjama and lie in bed, I turn the lights off, and drift to sleep with only one thought in my head

You are mine no matter what

Author's POV

What Jeon Somi didn't know, was that a girl who after nights of thinking finally decided to talk to him. To get to know him better.

When she saw, and heard Somi confessing to him, her heart stopped beating, a chill went through her whole body, anticipating the worse.
However, she was wrong.

The answer he gave Jeon Somi only made her sigh in relief and smirk at the girl's reaction.

That's right, he's mine, only mine

She thought while the brokenhearted girl fled the room, while struggling to do so due to her injured knee.
A look of sadness showed on his face, but one that overpowered that of sadness was one of relief.
Relief that he was  to tell the truth, relief he wouldn't have to lie to Somi, pretending to like her. It is better the way it turned out. At least to him.

Well, it seems like it's my turn to play with the love of my life for a bit

She thinks while noticing Marcus walking out of the school grounds.

"Marcus!" She shouts after him, while jogging in his direction.

When he turns around, the shock is evident, as he never expected her to be here.

"Jennie noona?"