2

Still Tyler POV

I rubbed my eyes a bit,
"Ethan, where are you?" Squinting to see what time it was when he replied, "I'm locked in the bathroom, I can't move without pain and I'm afraid, I'm afraid to wake him up." I could hear his voice shake. "Is there a way I can get to you?" I asked as I stood up and searched for my car keys, trying to remember where I last placed them. "No!" He coughed then whispered "No, don't. I don't want to drag you into this as well, please Tyler, please I beg you." I grit my teeth slightly as I grabbed my keys, "It's too late Ethan, this has been going on for far too long and I'm not going to stand by any longer!" And jogged downstairs to find my tennis shoes and slipped them on as he whimpered softly, "T-the window is cracked open to let in fresh air, you can get in through there."
I felt my heart crack at this, the man he is dating had turned Ethan into a broken man.
"Don't hang up until you've reached the window." He whispered as I jumped into the car and sped away from the house I shared with Mark.

I remembered the place that Ethan was at because one day, when I drove by, I caught a glance of him outside in this odd outfit cleaning rugs. Turning my headlights off when the car creeped into the driveway and then I placed it in park, leaving it running, I hopped out and rushed around the house to find the unlocked window on the backside.
"Okay, I'm here, I'll be there in a few seconds." Before I hung up Ethan whispered, "Be super quiet, text me when you're at the bathroom." Then we hung up and I opened the window all the way, crawling through the window and glanced around. The house was really clean but super plain, no pictures on the walls, no nothing. I tiptoed as quietly as I could over to the downstairs bath, seeing that the door was open I turned and slowly crept up the stairs, freezing at anything that sounded like it might wake someone.

Eventually I made it to the other bathroom and whipped out my phone and immediately texted Ethan to let him know I was standing outside the door. My eyes darted up when the door slowly creaked as it was unlocked and then opened.
There stood Ethan, bloodied and bruised, shaking as he stumbled into my awaiting arms. I picked him up and shifted him to a more comfortable position as I turned the light off and headed back down the stairs and out through the window, helping Ethan crawl through before we cracked it and I grabbed him, booking it to my awaiting car.

It was maybe 20 minutes before we were back in the house and in my personal bathroom, Ethan sitting on the toilet as I cleaned and bandaged his wounds. He jumped at any sound, frightened that it might be his boyfriend hunting him down but I reassured him that Mark's house was hard to find because no one knew the address and that no one knew he was here. He jumped at the knocking on the door and jumped into the bathtub to hide. I set everything down and slowly made my way over to the front door.
Glancing through the peep hole, I let out a soft sigh seeing it was only Amy and Kate standing there. I opened the door, "Something wrong?" My face had it's normal look and they glanced around. "Sorry, we didn't mean to wake you up, but Kate forgot her key inside and mine just broke." She held up the broken key and I nodded, moving out of  their way. They shuffled in and only then did I remember that they had left late to see a new movie.
"Movie any good?"
"It was great!" Kat replied as she looked at me before rubbing her eyes, "We'll tell you about it tomorrow though, it's well after 4 in the morning." I gave a nod, closed the door and we all went upstairs then parted ways.
I went back into my room, closing and locking the door before I went back into the bathroom, seeing Ethan passed out in the tub. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes then proceeded to pick up the small male and took him to my room, laying him down gently on the bed and covered him up. I stood and watched him for a minute to make sure he was alright before I went back to the bathroom and put up the first aid and turned the light off.
Retreating back to the bed, I debated on whether I should lay down with him or not.

I groaned softly when the sunlight's first rays shined through my blinds and made me jerked my head to the side before I woke up, letting out a tired yawn as I stretched my aching body. Last night's events still fresh as I got up slowly and closed the blinds before I checked on Ethan, finding that he was still fast asleep. I let out the breath I was holding before I went to the bathroom.

Ethan's pov

I jumped awake and was about to freak out when I saw the time but then I recognized the room I was in.
It was Tyler's.
The light grey and white walls were a sight for sore eyes. I groaned when I moved and then a delicious smell hit my nose and I slowly moved, wincing as my body despised the every move, and my feet touched the soft carpet. I noticed that it was only 8:00 am and I knew that Mark wouldn't be up until 10:00 am so I was safe until then.

It took me a few minutes to make it down the stairs and around the corner to see Tyler making breakfast, looking just as tired as I felt.
"M-morning..." My voice came out all weak, shaky, and nothing but a small whisper. Tyler turned slightly in my direction when he heard my voice, "Morning," He walked over and carefully helped me over to the island, pulling out a chair, and helped me sit down. "How do you feel?" He looked me over, his ocean blue eyes held nothing but concern that overlapped his sleepiness. "Sore, really really sore and I have a slight headache." I mumbled and laid my head down on the cool, granite surface. "I'll be right back." I heard him say then heard his footsteps retreat from my side and then up the stairs until I couldn't hear them anymore.
When I heard them again, I sat up and looked over to him as he set down a glass of water and gave me some pain medicine. I took them gratefully before I watched him walk back over to the stove and check on the food.
"...ank you..." I tried to clear my throat, only the end half of my words came out of my mouth.