Chapter 13:Not a mistake

Tim's POV:
   Love is not what you do,Love is what you fall into. Could this be love?. I doubt. I've only known her for a few days and I just can't stop thinking about her. No way,I'm not in love with her,it can't be. I've dated so many girls, but I wasn't serious with them,I typically played them. What I felt for other girls is different from what I felt for Alice. For other girls,I saw nothing special in them,to me they were just for pleasure. But for Alice,I had that urge to protect her,keep her safe and never let her go. Whenever I see her,my heart kept beating at an increased pace and I felt nervous. I've never felt such a thing before. Could this be love?
    I wanted to see her again after that day at school. But I've not seen her since then,as she didn't show up at school. Its been a week now. The worst is I don't even know where she lives.
    The doorbell sounded and I sighed and got up,hoping that she'd be the one there. I imagined her telling me that she just didn't feel like going to school for a while,and she'll show me her house today.
  I was disappointed when I saw Isabelle there instead of Alice.
   "Invite me in" she said.
   "I told you to leave me alone" I said becoming angry.
  "Tim its about that girl,its important" she said sounding serious. I know Isabelle since my childhood. I know when she was serious and when she was joking.
   "What girl?" I asked.
   "Alice Tonsin" she said.
  "Come in" I told her and she came inside and went  to the refrigerator and took a drink,then she sat down.
  "Alice isn't whom she seems to be" she said and I looked at her murderously.
   "What the hell!!,are you crazy?" I shouted at her and she shouted back.
   "You Timothy,is the crazy one,you trust a girl you barely know over a girl you've known since you were a child!!, Tim I wouldn't be here if I don't care for you!!!" She said.
   "Get out now Isabelle!!" I said calmly.
   "Tim,you are making a terrible mistake,at least hear me out,I'll leave your house, but hear me first,for the sake of our friendship" she said and I nodded before saying, "I'll hear you out, but should you talk bad about Alice, I'll throw you out" I said threateningly.
   "I found out where she lives..." She was saying when I interrupted her.
     "You did?,please take me there" I said to her and went to hug her. I quickly disengaged from her as I saw her face change.
  "What is it?,you can't take me there?" I asked.
   "No,not that" she said.
   "Are you sick?,do you need to see a doctor?" I asked and she smiled.
   "No Tim, I just can't remember the last time you hugged me,even when I tried,you were always pushing me away,its been years since you asked about my health" she said.
    "There you go again!,the hug didn't mean anything but appreciation, are you taking me to her house or not?" I asked.
     "The thing is, you wouldn't want to go there" she said.
      "Why,she lives in Toronto?" I asked.
     "You know that house,the witch's house, that's where she lives" she said and I stared at her,then I started laughing.
    "You mean to tell me that Alice lives in that haunted house?, Enough of the jokes Bells" I said and she brought out some papers  from her bag and gave me.
    "You think I'm joking,that's proof enough, I wanted to find her and warn her to stay away from you,then I went to meet Lorna,my friend who works in Quebec population council and I asked her to  please check where in Quebec Alice Tonsin lives and she told me. She said she doesn't knows the details, but about a month ago,a middle aged woman came and claimed ownership of the house. She showed the papers and requested that the house be sold to a young lady,Alice Tonsin. Apparently,Alice was shown other houses, but she rejected them all and said she wanted the house. Alice currently lives with her Aunt, Phoebe" she said and I could tell she was serious.
   I told her to take me to the house and we went there. This was the second time that I'm coming to this place. The first time was when I was curious and it was Bells who stopped me from going in.
  We reached the house just in time to meet a middle aged woman coming out and I went to meet her.
   "Good day Ma,do you live here?" I asked and she looked at me suspiciously before replying.
   "Yes,this is my house, how may I help you?" She said coldly.
    "I'm Alice Tonsin's classmate, I've not seen her in school for almost a week,is everything alright?" I asked.
    "Yeah,everything is fine,she travelled and will be back soon,so if you don't mind,I have to be somewhere urgently" she said and was leaving,then she stopped and looked at me "do you want to stand there all day?,go home now!" She said and I started walking home, I met Isabelle waiting for me on the way.
  "Do you believe me now?" She asked.
   "They might not be the same people, they are the Jenners but Alice's surname is Tonsin, she might just love the house and bought it like that,she didn't even knew who lived there" I said in defence,but I was really thinking hard,there was no beauty in that house, it was just big,but there are other bigger houses in Quebec, why would she settle for an isolated house?.
   "Then why didn't she tell you where she lives?,she knew that you'd know who she was instantly, and there is something I noticed,that woman claiming to be Phoebe looks like the woman in your mum's photo Album, Audrey I think was her name" she said and just then we got home,I went inside to bring the photo Album. There was a photo of my Mum with 5 other women and 2 babies,my mum was holding one,that was me. I saw the woman I met earlier and when I checked the back of the photo, it was written boldly AUDREY .
  "This baby is you and this other one should be Alice,you two are the same age" she said.
    "The baby's name is Ava,look its written at the back" I said and turned it for her to see.
    "She changed her name then" she said and stopped and pointed to a woman,then turned the back of the photo and saw the name written boldly "JENNIFER".
   "This certainly is Alice" she said and I nodded my head.
    "No way!!,this picture is almost 18 years old and this woman here was Mum's best friend,she said so in her journal" I said.
    "Then that is it,in this photo,she is holding the baby,in your Mum's journal,she said that her friend just gave birth and the baby looks just like her,that means she is Alice's or Ava's Mum" She said.
    "I can't believe this" I said.
   "Please Tim,stay away from her,who knows what she came here to do?" She said sounding worried.
    "Don't worry Bells,I'll find out her purpose of coming to Quebec" I said with all determination.
   Who really are you Alice?

Wow!!!!
Well finally chapter 13.
How do you feel for Tim, knowing that the girl he loves is a witch?.

Oh!,how do you guys see Isabelle,I can't make her POV because she isn't a main character, she comes once in a while.

Vote
Comment
Share
©Millie