Consequences of Making Harry Potter Angry

Day 9: Tuesday

Harry woke slowly the next morning, vaguely surprised at how comfortable and safe he felt. He didn't think he had ever felt this good and he couldn't help but wonder what had caused this feeling. Opening a bleary eye to investigate, Harry was astonished to find Draco peacefully sleeping next to him. Blinking both eyes open, he noted that yes, the Veela really was sleeping next to him. Casting his mind back, Harry tried to figure out why. Had he had another nightmare? Shouldn't he remember it if that was the case? Especially if it was bad enough to have made Draco come running?

"Morning, slept well?" Draco asked sleepily, luxuriating in being so close to his mate.

"Um, yeah, I think so," Harry murmured, still trying to figure out what had happened. Then he remembered and he allowed his head to drop back onto the pillow. How utterly humiliating, not being able to go to sleep without a hug, as if he was some baby.

"Whatever you are thinking, stop it this instance!" Draco ordered sternly, "you are interrupting my basking."

"I'm what?" Harry asked, utterly baffled.

"I'm trying to enjoy my first night in your bed," Draco patiently explained, still snuggled down next to Harry, his arm around the other boy's chest, revelling in the warmth. "I don't know what you were thinking, but the bad vibes are interfering, just thought you might want to know," he added graciously.

Harry stared up at the ceiling in disbelief, then he broke down into giggles. This was just too surreal! "I'm so sorry to disturb you, your highness, let me know when it is safe to start thinking."

Draco's reply was a sharp poke in the ribs with a pointy index finger. "I don't mind you thinking, you prat, but I do mind when you get all tensed up and start thinking that you've done something wrong. So you needed a hug last night, so what? I've needed a hug lots of times and neither father nor Severus think any less of me, so why should you? Unless you think you should be above such things?" he demanded, causing Harry to sigh.

"No, I don't think I'm above needing a hug. The point is that I shouldn't need it!"

Draco considered the statement for a moment. Rising up on an elbow so he could see his mate's face, he said, "That made no sense whatsoever, you know that right?"

Harry groaned in annoyance, it did too make sense. "What I meant was that nothing happened yesterday to make me feel like I'd need a hug," he answered patiently.

Draco merely shrugged and snuggled back down. "Then I guess the two of us will have to agree to disagree," was all he said, pulling Harry close for some more basking.

Harry wasn't sure how he felt about that, but he was too comfortable to make a fuss so he too snuggled down and drowsed for a few more minutes.

The alarm clock put an end to their lay in when it went off a few minutes later, causing Harry to start, and Draco to almost jump out of his skin.

"Salazar and his snakes, what was that?" the blond demanded when he had gotten his wildly beating heart somewhat under control.

"That was my alarm clock," Harry replied with a grin.

"That thing could wake the dead!" Draco complained, "Are you that much of a hard sleeper?"