Chapter 18: Feelings and Discoveries

Letters, words, sentences, and a good storyline. These are the ingredients for a story -more or less. If you got the reference I made then that's great. Let's start.

******

" Am I interrupting something?" Victoria came out from the shadows. Her face was covered with her usual mask. A sinister aura surrounded her that would make even the bravest people cower down. 

Audrey stared at the woman in front of her and then back at Sebastian. Something inside her clicked as she allowed her hidden form to surface. It didn't matter how much pain she had to endure as long as someone she adored would remain safe. Slowly, her feelings disappeared into thin air. The broken girl had disappeared and out came the monster.

"Why? " Audrey asked in a stern tone.

" We knew he would lead you right to us," Victoria smirked. 

As each word spilled out of her mouth, the harder it got for Audrey to remain calm.

" What do you want from me ?" Audrey asked curiously.

" Your life," Victoria said indifferently.

If this situation was any different, Audrey's face would have turned as pale as a sick person, however, this time that part of Audrey was gone.

" Let him go and you can have my life if you win," Audrey said monotonously. 

"Audrey, " Sebastian finally called out. " Are you crazy?"

Audrey's eye's looked back t him and what he discovered left him in shock. The eyes that had once looked at him with worry and concern now stared back at him with anger and flames burning in her eyes. Her eyes turned ten times darker than they actually were. It was like staring back at a dark hole with no end. 

" Stay out of it, " Audrey replied. " It's not your fight ." 

" How is it not my fight when you came here because of me," Sebastian stated.

" You were used as bait," Audrey said ." If I never met you, you would be safe ." 

" Audre-," Sebastian spoke but was interrupted by a gunshot.

" Enough!" Victoria's voice boomed. " Let's finish this ."

Audrey walked closer and prepared to throw a punch but instead got surrounded by more people. 

" Did you really think this was going to be fair?" Victoria's asked further away now.

Audrey had already predicted that, so instead she dived into her own death. kicks and punches were thrown everywhere. No matter how well she fought, anyone could tell Audrey wouldn't last long. Heart beating out of her chest, She knocked a person down to the ground. The people were like a swarm of flies-annoying and consistent. 

Sebastian managed to stand up. He had to aid her somehow. His condition was not cooperating with him and this made things worse.  He staggered towards the nearest telephone booth.

 "Dad," Sebastian said. " Come now and get me from this place !"

" Where are you, son ?" Caleb asked extremely concerned. 

" I need you to get reinforcements," Sebastian said ." I am at ."

" Hang in there, " Caleb said trying to comfort his son.

The call disconnected and all Sebastian could do watch. He was worried about the girl he loved. He went through a flashback to the time she lost control.  Audrey was stronger when triggered, but she was greatly outnumbered. It seemed like hours before the reinforcements arrived. If they had delayed a single moment, Audrey would have been dead.