Chapter 20: A Card -More Like a Warning

Hope you are doing well!  

*******

Pain coursed through her body as Audrey tried to sit up. The smell of forests and wood consumed her nose. It smelled just like Sebastian. The sweet memories played in her mind, taking away some of the agonies. Audrey called her mom and waited as her mind kept drifting to him. It bothered her how distracted she got, but Audrey had to admit she felt content. Happiness had always tasted bitter until he showed up. 

" I got you something to eat," Blair said -entering Audrey's room. 

" You are the best," Audrey smiled.

Blair helped her daughter up with great care.

" Do you want me to feed you?" Blair asked.

" Yes please," Audrey replied happily. It had been so long since her mom fed her with her own hands. It somehow always tasted better when mom fed it.  

Audrey felt so happy after talking to her mother. She realized ever since her dad's death, she barely had any mother-daughter time. While chatting her mom asked her something that destroyed her mood.

" How is your search about Sebastian going?" Blair asked.

Audrey didn't want to answer that question. She had discovered he was just a regular guy who's father had kidnapped her. " I know that's not normal, but she had completely forgotten about that incident."

" Mom I tried, but there is nothing to know about him other than he is in a mafia," Audrey said slightly annoyed. " why can't we just leave him alone?" 

" Cause he is a threat," Blair replied firmly. 

" How is he a threat?" Audrey asked -getting defensive. 

" Don't tell me that you made friends with him!" Blair exclaimed shocked. " If I had known you would turn out like this then I wouldn't have trusted you. 

" Well, what if I have ?" Audrey questioned with a tinge of anger. 

Blair stared at her daughter with disappointment. All she wanted to do was keep her safe, but her daughter refused to listen. 

" If something happens, it's not my fault," Blair replied -getting up.

" You know what's surprising? " Audrey asked. " You don't know how he looks like ." 

" Of course I do," Blair said -showing her a picture of Sebastian.

Audrey was shocked when her mom revealed the correct photo. " Was she playing around all this time ?" Audrey thought. Fear coursed through her body.

" S..o.. you knew it was him," Audrey asked stuttering.  " You played along."

" I always have," Blair replied sighing." I wanted to hear the truth from you ." 

" I will leave you alone, but don't come crying back when something happens." 

Audrey sighed in relief. Her mom was going to stop bothering her about Sebastian. However, her stomach disagreed completely.

****** 

Soon, Melody walked into her sister's room with a card in her little hands. 

" I made this for you," Melody said handing her the card.

  Melody hugged her sister as if she would be gone and then left.   

" Aren't you the sweetest?" Audrey cooed. " I will read it now."