Chapter 16: Unanswered Questions

*hides* * peaks out * Well I said Thursday and it's Thursday.  I am sorry for not updating earlier. I was exhausted and I have been feeling pretty stressed out from school that's why I didn't update. I will think of a way to make it up to you but right now all I hope is that chapter was worth the wait. 

******

Audrey woke up with a throbbing pain in her head. A soft moan of agony escaped her lips as she sat up. The realization had dawned on her that she was back home. " That's weird," She thought. " Didn't I faint in school ?" School reminded her of the events that she would rather forget.  Just the thought of blood made her feel nauseous. Her dream or more like the nightmare had paid her a sweet visit. Audrey finally realized who the people in her dream were. The girl was her older sister while the boy was her older brother. However, she didn't know what to do with this information. " Did her mom know ?" Audrey thought . " if she killed him, how was he with her during the accident ?" 

Audrey grabbed her phone and found a new message.

I hope you are better now ~ the devil

Audrey stared at her phone for a few minutes.

Involuntarily, a smile formed on her lips. She had found her knight and shiny armor who had brought her home. Her hands moved across the screen as she typed and deleted messages. This was the first time she cared about the words she sent. In no means, she would want herself to seem desperate.

I am fine. Sorry for causing you trouble. 

Audrey found herself eagerly waiting for his reply. Her heart raced and her mind went blank as suttle beep was heard from her phone.

It was no trouble. After all, you told me yourself that trouble is right around the corner when we meet.~the devil

Regret washed over her. " Why did I say that again ?" Audrey thought. " Well it's true but still ."

" Since when do I care ?" Audrey spoke to herself. 

Amanda walked into her younger sister's room. Tiana looked worse than ever. There were casts on her legs, her body was full of cuts, and her skin was as pale as the dead. The fact that her eyes were closed didn't aid the catastrophic situation. 

" I am sorry little sister," Amanda started.

" I had to push you away from your toxic friends ."

" You were different until you started hanging out with them," 

" We used to be so close as twins, but your friends  made you believe I was bad,"

" I got involved with wrong people and look where I am now," 

" I am stuck with illegal activities and no one can save me "

" I know It was harsh, however, I had no choice since you would never spare me a glance,"

" I know you don't understand why I let mom put you through your worst fears,'

" The truth is I was being a coward there, "

" I am scared of her as much as you are,"

" After mum died, all we have is this horrendous stepmother,"

" I thought Cinderella was just a fairy tale but not in our tale,"

" Please wake up," Amanda ended as she lost the courage to form words. Her heart shattered as she witnessed her beloved sister's body. Tears continuously rolled down her eyes until her phone rang. At first, she chose to let it ring, but the constant ringing was as worse as a hangover.