Chapter 3:Newfound Enemies

Welcome back! Hope you are all doing well.
**************
I'm feeling just fine fine fine

Audrey hummed at the tune turning to the other side.

I can let go of your hand now

"Audrey!!" Blair called out. "Your phone is ringing! Pick it up!"

She sat up quickly as she heard her mom's clear voice, snapping her out of her sweet state of slumber. Her hands fumbled over her side table as she grabbed onto her phone, bringing it to her face to blind her with its bright light.

'Liliana', It flashed and she let out a groan before picking it up.

"Hello?" Audrey said, rubbing her eyes to awaken herself up.

"Hi! I called to let you know that we will arrive in an hour to get ready for the party," Liliana informed. "wait a minute, were u still asleep?"

"Umm maybe," Audrey answered sheepishly. "Isn't it still early ?"

"Are you kidding me?" Liliana replied shocked. " It's 3 pm."

"Oh," Audrey replied, regretting her statement immediately. "Isn't it a bit early considering the party is at seven?"

"Nope," Liliana said. "You will understand when we arrive."

"If you say so," Audrey shrugged, closing the call.

Audrey sat on her bed for a few minutes, letting the call resister in her brain when she realized the situation she was in.

I have an hour to get ready before they come! She shouted in her head as she scurried off the bed to get ready.

*********

The doorbell rang and Blair quickly went to answer, knowing that her daughter was still stressing out about the whole thing in her room.

"Welcome to our humble home girls! " Blair said with a huge smile. "I am Audrey's mom but please just call me Blair."

"Nice to meet you Blair " The girls replied while smiling at the woman who looked surprisingly young despite being a mom of a seventeen-year-old girl. Her brown hair was tied into a loose bun and she had the most vibrant pair of blue eyes that twinkled back at them.

"Audrey's in her room," Blair pointed towards the stairs."Go upstairs then the first door to the right is her room."

"Thank you," Haylie replied, then left to find Audrey's room.

*********
"We are here!" The girls chimed together, earning a smile from Audrey.

That moment she knew that she could enjoy and forget about all the worries that held her down, it was now them and only them. Nothing could stop her from having fun.

"Are you coming or what?" Liliana asked, making sure the straightener was hot enough.

Audrey sat on the chair as Liliana had insisted on doing Audrey's hair, despite her protest that she could do it on her own, but Haylie told that it would be more fun doing each other's looks.

So with that, everything went everywhere. Everyone ended up arguing, laughing, talking, and laughing some more. It was a mess but a beautiful mess. Something only true friends could feel when they were together.