Chapter 32: Consequences

This is it I guess.

*******

Everyone stood watching as the coffin slowly got lowered into the grave. Screams of agony hung in the air as well as hard sobs. Whispers of comfort were ineffective as the pain grew with each shovel of sand. The trees were droopy and the wind blew mercilessly; thunder boomed in the air and stoke of silver swift in the sky as the rain started slowly dripping down.  People headed inside since the sand now lay on top of the coffin, but a few people stayed staring at the tombstone not caring about the rain.

" Mommy, you will get sick," Melody tried talking to her mom who wasn't responding to her for a while now. She was so confused about everything. Her aunt was gone, but she didn't quite understand the concept of death.

Blair couldn't speak even if she wanted to. Her heart pained as she sobbed out loud not being able to control it. 

"I'm sorry mom," Melody thought as she looked at her mom." I know I told you I would keep you away from whatever interaction I have with dad, but I promise you he isn't bad ." 

*****

Melody ran up to her dad and hugged him tightly.

" Thanks for coming," Melody said smiling.

" Anything for my little girl," Luis, Melody's dad, replied while ruffling her hair slightly.

" Can you fix it?" Melody asked.

" I don't think it's a good idea honestly," Luis stated." I hurt your mom bad."

" But, it's not your fault," Melody argued." She didn't hear your side of the story and just assumed the worse."

" It doesn't matter really cause cheating is cheating even if it's to protect someone you love," Luis sighed.

" Even if mom fights with you at least it will distract her, plus it's raining and I don't want her to become sick," Meldoy said ." please please please."

"Alright," Luis replied instantly regretting the words.

He walked with his umbrella slowly trying to buy time before facing her. 

Blair felt something covering her and looked around to find her ex staring back at her. She was too tired to fight with him or argue.

" Melody called you, didn't she ?" Blair asked tiredly- her voice still groggy from crying.

" Yeah, she did," Luis answered rubbing the back of his head.

" Please, leave," Blair said not even looking at him.

" I know you don't want me here but I was your friend before your lover, so just talk to me," Luis told her ." I promise I'll leave and never come near you if you go inside with your daughter."

" I don't get why you are always giving me mixed feeling," Blair stated with annoyance ." Why are you always being nice to me?"

" Because I never stopped loving you, even when you hated me," Luis confessed.

" Stop, just stop with all your lies," Blair replied walking away.

Melody ran to the scene realizing that her mom wasn't going to listen,

" Mom!" Melody yelled. " Dad was protecting you."

Blair turned to her daughter with anger and confusion.

" Dad never cheated on you," Melody tried explaining." Okay, he cheated on you, but it was because you were being threatened and he didn't wnat anything to happen to you."