Chapter 24: Weird Things

Is this real? I am still in shock. I can't believe that we passed 1K. I don't know what to say except thank you. I hope I continue delivering good chapters that meet your standards. I wanted to apologize for skipping a week again. As I mentioned before, I was ill and couldn't write.

******

Haylie sighed as she watched her brother sleeping with a book covering his face. It was the book of secrets, mystery, and nothing good. A child's book is supposed to be adorned with colors and funny writing, but the book she picked was worse than the secrets an adult could pour out. Sebastian's phone rang -interrupting the silence in the room. 'Conner' flashed on the screen and a frown took over her face. " Who's Conner?" She wondered and to add to her confusion a cryptic message played right afterward leaving her puzzled.

Voice message starts

I found some information on the Black Demons. Call me back when you receive this.

Voice message ended

Her feet froze on the ground as a feeling of chill coursed through her veins. " What was Sebastian doing now?" Haylie frowned. Without thinking much about her actions, she picked up the phone and called back the guy who seemed to know more than her.

A few rings and a perfectly deep voice coursed through the phone as the words spilled of his mouth.

" So Sebastian, the Black Demons seemed to be working a lot around your area near the school," Conner spoke without thinking. " I think their hideout has changed to somewhere nearer. "

" Are you joking !" Haylie exclaimed.

" Of course I'm not," He spoke when he finally stopped typing on his computer and paid attention to the voice. " You are not Sebastian."

"No, I'm Haylie," Haylie replied. " Who are you?"

" Oh, shiddle skits !" Conner sorta cursed. " I wasn't supposed to tell you this ."

" I know everything so you better start talking," Haylie said glaring as if he could see her through the phone.

"Haylie, what are you doing with my phone ?" Sebastian asked -sitting up on his bed.

" Nothing!" Haylie jumped.

" Give me the phone," Sebastian stated stressing on every word.

Haylie slowly handed him the phone and started shuffling backward. Sebastian followed his sister's movement and motioned her to take a seat. Haylie realized how similar Sebastian could be to their dad's behavior. They both had the twinkle in their eyes and had the aura of the king of the jungle.

" Sebastian ?" Conner asked.

" Why were you talking to my sister ?" Sebastian asked.

" I didn't call," Conner defended himself ." The stupid girl called me ."

" I'm not stupid !" Haylie exclaimed. " Who is stupid enough to rant without being sure about who's talking ?"

"Uggh, Can you both stop !" Sebastian yelled annoyed. " I just woke up and you both are so annoying ."

" I'm on speaker ?" Conner asked surprised.

" Yes, you are on speaker cause I don't feel like lifting the phone up to my ear," Sebastian groaned. " Meet me tomorrow at our regular place then we'll talk."

" Okay," Conner replied hanging up.

" Now you," Sebastian said pointing at her accusingly. " What were you doing with my phone?"