13

"It has been ages since we last had dinner together." Wooseong commented, leaning back in his seat. Jungkook was sitting at his favourite spot between Jimin and Tae, busily stuffing spaghetti and homemade pizza in his mouth.

Six o'clock today, the family sat around the dining table, with a full strength of nine instead of eight.

Jungkook was home, Chaesung had also come home.

"From now on," Wooseong said. "At six o'clock every evening, we will have dinner together." He then looked across the dining table to Chaesung. "And every Sunday, we'll have an extra place at the table, nine instead of eight. Mommy will be having the meal with us, okay?"

Okay? My, the children were elated!

How long has it been since we last sat around a table together?

*******

"Where were you, Jungkook?" Yoongi asked directly. "Why did you disappear and give us all a heart attack? Did you know how worried Jimin and Tae were? We walked up and down the street millions of times just to find you!" The seven brothers crowded into the twins' bedroom. They could hear their parents talking earnestly downstairs, over a glass of wine. Ah, how peaceful it all sounded. It felt great to see their parents talking things over instead of filling the house with screams, shouts and the sounds of porcelain crashing against the floor.

Jungkook curled up comfortably in Jin's lap, feeling safe and secure unlike how he had been the night before. "You'll never believe me, Yoongi-hyung. But Mommy took me away yesterday." Jungkook admitted.

That was enough to make all his brothers become alert to listen to him.

"Mommy came to pick you up?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook nodded. "She drove me to another house, and she had a room for me. She brought me pizza for dinner, and she prepared all sorts of toys that we never got a chance to play with."

"Why didn't you stay with her, then? She had all the toys you wanted." Yoongi teased. He immediately got a shock when Jungkook burst into a fresh wave of tears. He threw his arms over Yoongi's neck and clung onto him tightly like a little koala. And then, Yoongi did something none of his brothers ever expected him to do. The cold and cool Yoongi tightened a hug around Jungkook's back and gave him a little kiss on his cheek and tousled his hair.

"Because if I stayed with Mommy, then I won't be able to see you anymore, hyung. What if she takes me to somewhere far away from here?" Jungkook sobbed. "I don't want to play with cars alone, I don't want to watch TV or read storybooks alone. And I don't want to have pizza alone. I want to have them with you!"

That was enough not to break only Yoongi's heart, but it made all six of his older brothers melt. Tae tickled Jungkook's side, making him jump up and yelp in surprise.

"Don't do that!" Jungkook whined, rubbing his side. Tae stuck out his tongue at Jungkook playfully.

"Hey, you vanished for an entire day! That was for disappearing." Tae proclaimed proudly. "And this-" he poked Jungkook on the other side, causing him to tumble over in defence and crash his shin against the bed frame. "This is is yesterday's tickling quota. And this-" Tae tickled Jungkook's feet. "This is today's tickling quota."

Jungkook kicked his legs in frustration. "How many quotas do you have? What is a quota?"

Namjoon cleared his throat and began speaking as if he was a professor. "It means how many times Taehyung can poke and tickle you in a day, in your case."

"What?" Jungkook began bursting into fits of laughter as Jimin joined in the game and tickled him on his waist. "Since when was Tae so smart to throw words like that! I don't even know what it means!"