Heated arguments and Malicious intents

After class, I walked straight out. Walking to my locker, I opened my phone and scrolled through Instagram.
Opening my DM's, I saw a message from Tamara "Are you okay?", scoffing I seenzoned her and opened my follow requests.
3 new follow requests: -

@robin_29_gray_4

@kevinj__

@unkownuser12

Rolling my eyes, I accepted Robin and Kevin, but my finger hovered over the third.
I pressed the profile. I noticed that, in description it said "Sunwood Public School".

I eyed it suspiciously. It was a public account- and had no posts yet. I left it as a request, I could always see who posts and accept the request.
Sighing I looked up, only to come face to face with Meredith.

"Hey", she said in a timid voice.
"Hi.", Raising an eyebrow I turned around to get things from my locker. Pulling out the pile of books for the next lesson I asked "... well?"

"Oh right! Look, you know its Tamara's birthday next to next week. Apparently, you both were going to have a sleepover?"
I realized where this was going. Straightening my face "Yup, we are. What about it?"

"Well, Scar, I thought can you do it on another day. Samantha and I wanted to surprise her, and well, he mom allowed it if you were okay with it."

HER NERVE. YOU SCOUNDREL, I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT OKAY WITH IT!!

"I am not okay with it. We spend her birthday together every year, and I have already made plans. Plans that cannot be postponed. You have to do something else." I said my voice flat and cold. "Not that you know her enough to do anything anyway", I added, muttering under my breath.
The way her eyes hardened indicated she didn't like my reply and also that she heard my extra statement.
"Okay, Scarlet. I understand shifting to a new school is hard and that you don't have friends yet. But, Tamara actually has friends and I think she would want to spend her birthday with us all. Just because you both have always celebrated doesn't mean it should continue that way. Unlike you, she has friends. She doesn't feel the need to stick to you. I don't see why you stick to her either.", she bit out clenching her fist as if she were going to maul me.

At this point I was fuming.
"Oh, poor poor Meredith. I knew there was something about you. For a person who has always been alone, I understand it is hard to socialize but please atleast make an attempt to not come off so desperate. By all means, celebrate with her if you want to, but there is not way you will know what she wants for her birthday. You will have no clue- where to go? What to do? Or most importantly, you are incapable of not only comprehending what she wants, but equally incapable of procuring it. Even if you manage to get it, she won't enjoy with you as much as I. We grew up talking about all this. It takes a lot more than a bloody desperate weasel to understand the depth of our relationship."

By the time I was done, I was shaking in rage. It took all my self- control to not lash out at her. Only then did I notice the slight upwards set of her lip. Her eyes flitted sideways. Following her gaze, I saw a very angry Tamara clutching her books. Her knuckles had gone white.
I felt a wave of nervousness. I stepped towards her, but she said in a detached voice
"Common Meredith. Let's go."

I felt shame overwhelm me as I stood there staring at Tamara's retreating figure. My eyes met those of Percy's, but I quickly turned away, not wanting anyone to notice the tears that now filled my eyes and threatened to overflow.

Breathing deeply, I turned around "Oh my god-!" coming face to face with, for the second time (Oh, third.)- Robin. "- What do you want?!"

***

Okay as promised. Update on Friday!
Vote, Comment, Read.

xo Ari.