Just shrink into the shadows

Sunwood school was this huge building, brightly painted in the colors white and red. This large and gigantic structure fixed onto the ground. The massive building loomed over the toddlers and high- schoolers alike and was home to the sparks of knowledge and beginning of drama in lives. It's walls had seen the toddler tantrums and also a teenage girls heart-breaking and ecstatic moments. The walls were symbolic and if we had a method of seeing all the walls memories, we would learn the intensity of human happiness and sadness.

Into this structure a group of 8th graders scurried. Among such a heard was me, but what made me stand out was that I was new. I was like an outsider as I watched old friends re – unite in joy. I watched as my best friend smiled in content as a group of girls approached her. Yet, there I stood. I had left a lot behind in my old school. A great group of friends being one of them. I guess I just wasn't ready to move on yet, but I guess that was a mistake as I stood at the centre of all the hustle – bustle observing. My ears heard a melodious and hearty chuckle. Diverting my eyes to locate the heavenly sound I saw, a boy with rustled black hair and dark brown eyes. He had thin rimmed glass perched on his nose, his shoes were blue and black, just my type. I ignored it, even though I was fascinated. Determined to fit in, I approached a girl who was standing with some girl who I assumed was her best friend. As she spotted me walking towards them, I noticed her nose twitch and eyes fill with a mocking welcome. I should have known better than to walk straight into her piercing gaze, but the naive me didn't care.

And there started my first day at The Sunwood Public School.

Under the judgmental gazes of two girls, I swallowed my pride and said in a meek voice "Hi. I am Scarlet. What about you?"

They scrunched up their noses as if I had somehow disgusted them but anyways said "William and Sarah." But their tone wasn't warm or welcoming, it was dismissive. Getting the hint, I shrunk back into the shadows.

Entering the classroom, I took my seat, only to be pushed off by two boys. One was absolutely ugly, but the other didn't look horrible, he was cute, but a moronic way. I remember their words"Get the fuck off our seats". 

Why did I allow mom to change my school?

***
That's for the first chapter guys. It will increase in size as we go along but, I'm in midst of my examinations right now so...
See you soon lovelies,

Ari xx