5

BOOM!

I suddenly wake up. I heard a big boom and it knocked me out of my dream.

I looked around with my blurry vision refocusing slowly. Once it was finally back and I can see, I look around.

I don't see my mama or papa but I see a bunch of sailors running around.

The sky is stil black and I can hear big rumbling noises coming from them. Even saw lightning strikes headed very close to the ship.

I notice below that my feet were wet. We were sinking! The ship was filled with water and I saw a hole close to the back of the ship. Water was piling out of it.

I walked through to cold salty water to the front of the boat. I saw some sailors trying to get the boats into the water.

I saw papa trying to help them. I run up to him and ask where mama is. He looks at me nervously and said he didn't know but thinks she's trying to help as well.

"Alena, you need to do something for me okay." He says, handing me a bag.

"It has the plane tickets and money in it. Once we get this boat down, you get in it and you drive to the main land okay? It's north of here and only about 10 minutes away. I love you Alena, be safe." He kisses my forehead and hugs me.

I'm so confused, but I run off to find mama. I run through the water back to the same place I was earlier, only to find there wasn't a place. It was already sinking into the water and I could barely make out the floor boards.

And one thought scared me the most. There was a bunker in the ship and I saw mama go in before I fell asleep.

I gasp. She's in probably down there! I scream for her but I get no answers. Just the sound of sailors yelling and the sea waves crashing against us.

I stood there numbly screaming, until I felt a pair of hands grasp my waist and carry me somehere. But I was to shocked to protest.

I fell my self drop onto a comfy cushion. I saw the wheel of a boat. Confused, I saw a man at the seat of the wheel, driving the boat, further and further from the sinking ship.

I looked at the man. He seemed about 40 years old. He had brown hair, looks about 6"1. He looked scared. He never said one word and neither did I.

I looked down and remembered my camera. I picked up from my chest, looked towards the sinking ship still visible, and snapped a photo. This will be the last memory I have of them.

_______

Going through editing.