Chapter 3 : Car Ride

After 10 minutes of arguing with Ayato, he finally left. I sighed. That was exhausting. I yawned and stretched my arms above my head. My mind then wandered back to Yui. That girl is too naive and innocent to be left alone. Even worse, alone in a house full of vampires.

     I got up and opened the door. I peeked my head through to see if anyone was in the hallway. The hallway was silent and there was no one in sight. The hallway still looked dark even though there was some lights. To the left of me was another hallway going all the way to the end with no doors. On my right, I saw a door at the end of the hallway, near where the next hallway would start.(A/N did that even make sense? lol o_o).

     I chose to go right and I walked past some paintings on the walls with a table and two chairs under that. I stopped right at the door. Still hesitating if I should knock or not. I knocked once after debating. The look of anxious washed off my face as I heard a small soft voice.

     I opened the door to see Yui next to her dresser. "Did any of them bite or harassed you?" I asked her and look for any bites.

     "No, i'm fine." said she shaking her head reassuring me. I sighed in relief. "That's good then."

     "You're not dressed for school yet?" Yui asked. "Reiji came in to give me the school uniform and he told me we will be going to school at 6:45." I looked at the clock on her dresser. 6:29. I groaned, now noticing that she was already in her school uniform and shoes. I was too worried about Yui that I forgot all about school. Not to mention that Ayato also wasted my time. "It's all because of him," I mumbled.

     "Did you say something, Hana?" Yui asked breaking me out of me thoughts. I look up and shook my head. "I guess I'll get going."

***

     When I was back in the room, I started to take off the night gown. I button up the blouse and then tucked it in the skirt. I also put on the blazer. Then I put on the socks. I wasn't liking the brown school shoes, so I went to my suitcase and searched for my white sneakers. I also found my phone and some ear buds as well in my suitcase. I threw that onto the bed as I sat down at the edge of the bed putting on my shoes. I got the last shoe on and stood up to look at myself in the mirror. The uniform doesn't look bad on me, I thought. My eyes scan then scanned my neck area.

     "Oh, yeah." I said totally forgetting. I knew it that I was forgetting something. I picked up the bow tie on the bed and put it on. I then grabbed my phone and earbud and put it in the blazer pocket.

     When I got downstairs, everyone was already there. I saw Yui there too. She waved at me. "You're 3 minutes late," said Reiji sighing. "What did you expect from baka," said the tomato head snickering. "I'm sorry," I said bowing and ignoring what Ayato said.

     "Whatever, now that we're all here, we can get going," said Reiji and then walking out the door. I linked my arms with Yui and we went. Outside stood a black limo. A chauffeur opened the door for us. I made sure so that Yui sat near the door so that non of the brothers could harass her. Which made an open spot to the right of me. And guess who sat to the right of me.

     "Good thing you brushed your hair. Before your hair was like a bird's nest!" Ayato said laughing. Yeah. it's that tomato head. I mentally sighed and turn my head towards Yui and ignoring his presence.

     The way to school was silent expect for some small talks between me and Yui. And some occasional rude comments from Ayato to me. Reiji was reading a book. Shu was listening to music and sleeping. Laito was just staring into space and blushing sometimes. I don't even want to know what he's thinking. Kanato was looking at his teddy bear. And Subaru was looking out the window.

     "What's on your mind baka?" I snapped out of my thought but I still remained eye contact with the floor, ignoring him. "You have a lot of guts to defy ore-sama." I looked up and turned to Ayato. "Baka." he said leaning towards me. I leaned back a little. I stared into his eyes. I'm tired and I don't want to fight with him now.

     "Whatever 'oreo-kookie-sama'." i said and broke my eye contact with him. "Your opinion won't matter to me in your lifetime." he said a little angry. Reiji closed his book with a thud.

     "Ayato, how many times must I tell you," said Reiji looking at Ayato. "Take such activities to your room." I heard Ayato tch and the sound of the car seat moving.

     "This is for both of you," Something was thrown onto my lap. I looked down. It was cranberry juice. Yuck, i hate cranberry juice. "100% cranberry juice is the best cure for weak blood."

     "Th-Thank you," I heard Yui said.

     "You need not to thank me. You must become fully aware that you are our prey and drink that daily." said Reiji. I clutched the juice box in my hands. I wonder if my grandparents knew about this. About them being vampires. Did they send me here to become a bunch of vampire's blood bag?